Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New Cube bikes. Looks like changes afoot.
  • garryfmacdonald
    Free Member
    pickle
    Free Member

Liking the look of the black and ginger one.

Open it in Chrome and it will translate it for you 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Lots of new stuff this year, sworn to secrecy though for a few days!

garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

Top tip Pickle, thanks very much.

garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

From the geometry information table, looks like longer top tubes with more realistic gaps between sizes.

qwerty
    Free Member

Google translate says:

Cube reworked its full-suspension bikes for 2018. The highlights of the new MTB range are the stereo 140 HPC, a high-quality children’s fully and the comeback of the Cube Hanzz.

Founded in 1993, Cube has become one of Europe’s largest bicycle brands in the last 24 years. More than 600,000 bicycles leave the production line in Waldershof (Oberpfalz) every year. About 65 percent of these are mountain bikes. For 2018 the Bavarians clear their full Paltte easily. The stereo 140 29 can not be found in the catalog for the time being and the one or the other price point in the respective categories also disappears. The Cube Fritzz with 180 millimeters of suspension travel deviates from the new Hanzz, which is mercilessly trimmed for use in the bike park. With fewer models you want customers to facilitate the overview and merchants facilitate storage. The newly developed stereo 140 HPC shows that the design and the usual good price-performance ratio must not be compromised in 2018 either.

Cube Stereo 140 HPC 2018

Already the predecessor of the new All Mounatins was extremely successful. It did not only win the test in our BIKE tests but also won a run of the Enduro World Series under the leadership of Greg Callaghan . The aluminum version and the carbon model with carbon rear section are painted for 2018 from the Cube catalog. The newly developed Stereo 140 HPC with 27.5 inch wheels is available exclusively in the combination of carbon main frame and aluminum rear body. The frame without damper weighs 2400 grams according to the manufacturer. The geometry was significantly modernized with flatter steering angle, shorter chain struts and longer reach. There are three models between 2499 and 3499 euros. First bikes will be delivered in spring 2018.

The new Stereo 140 HPC Trail Motion costs 3499 euros and weighs 13.2 kilos according to the manufacturer. The name “Trail Motion” stands for the departure-oriented equipment. That’s why this bike has a Fox Float 36 fork with a 150 mm spring travel in the control tube. At the rear, the new Fox DPX2 damper provides a 140 mm spring travel. The geometry and the design of the bike were completely revised for 2018.

The Fox DPX 2 shock absorber with its compensating tank ensures rest in the rear when it goes downhill to the point. In addition, it can be blocked uphill quickly. In the more affordable Stereo 140 models, a normal Fox Float damper and a 34-inch fork with 150 millimeters of stroke.

All the bikes developed by Cube for 2018, the trains are laid inside. The continuous outer sheaths ensure less friction in the cable and less wear during exits in the mud.

The main frame of the Cube Stereo 140 HPC is made of carbon, while the rear frame is made of aluminum for every model. The screw connection at the Horst-Link bearing and the cable guide in the chain strut are visually beautifully solved. However, the rear body can only be retracted when the rear wheel is removed. Switched to Sram’s favorable GX Eagle group.

All Stereo 140 models have an ISCG mount for chain guides. Only in the TrailMotion model is a chain guide already installed from the factory.

As with many Cube models 2018 also with the Stereo 140 Trail Motion Newman wheel with aluminum rims are used. The tires are fitted with conventional Fatigue of Schwalbe weighing 27.5×2.35 inches.

Already the cheapest version of the Stereo 140 has a carbon main frame and a telescopic support. There is also a triple crank for tour drivers. The bike for 2499 euros is supposed to weigh 13.6 kilos.

The girls are also welcome. Because the frame of the new Stereo 140 is available in the Sting model with women-specific equipment. The smallest frame size is 13.5 inches. The illustrated model costs 2499 euros.

Marathon biker watched! The framework of the Cube AMS 100 remains unchanged for 2018. A new teamline paint finish and a new equipment have nevertheless been missed. A test for the AMS 100 is available at BIKE 9/17 – from August 1 at the kiosk.

The Stereo 120 is the tour classic of Cube. For 2018 the framework remains unchanged. The illustrated top model costs 3499 euros. In our BIKE tests , the Trailbike has always done very well.

The Cube Hanzz is celebrating its comeback in 2018. With sprung struts and 190 mm rear travel freeride bike is clearly designed for use in the bike park. The bike with 27.5-inch wheels triggers the time being, the Cube Fritzz, and is to have from 2,299 euros (picture).

With the Cube Stereo 140 Youth, Cube is building a high-quality MTB-Fully for children for the first time. The small 13.5 inch frame is designed to fit children from a size of 135 cm. There are also the sizes 16 and 18 inches. The bike with 140 millimeters of travel weighs 13.6 kilos according to the manufacturer and is tuned for children parts – such as the SR Suntour suspension – stocked. Cost point: 1799 euros.

woodster

That is a good looking bicycle! Shame it’s not a 29er.

pickle
    Free Member

Never been a fan of CUBE but that does look nice

Wookster

Like that paint job a lot!

Superficial
    Free Member

Looks like a KTM. 😐

poah
    Free Member

Good to see the kids bike on offer, would be good to have frame only options as well

garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

Wonder how much the kids bike will cost. Hope it’s competitive with the likes of Scott, Giant, etc…

That Carbon Stereo looks great. Some of it reminds me of YT, some Specialized, some Trek.

Speeder

Looks really great – I’d definitely actually consider one now (if I didn’t have a bike for life Starling) that looks really good. The old one looked just that, old and not really up to the job. This looks modern and substantial.

poah
    Free Member

garryfmacdonald – Member

Wonder how much the kids bike will cost. Hope it’s competitive with the likes of Scott, Giant, etc…

That Carbon Stereo looks great. Some of it reminds me of YT, some Specialized, some Trek

With the Cube Stereo 140 Youth, Cube is building a high-quality MTB-Fully for children for the first time. The small 13.5 inch frame is designed to fit children from a size of 135 cm. There are also the sizes 16 and 18 inches. The bike with 140 millimeters of travel weighs 13.6 kilos according to the manufacturer and is tuned for children parts – such as the SR Suntour suspension – stocked. Cost point: 1799 euros

honourablegeorge

A question that always bugs me – why are Fork and seatpost kashima aways a totally different colour to shock kashima? Same as here, my shock is a much darker shade than my fork/post

benpinnick

question that always bugs me – why are Fork and seatpost kashima aways a totally different colour to shock kashima

Probably a different grade of Alu, or more likely a different thickness of coating. The shock would need alot more Kashima to withstand the wear rate as its a much faster, higher stress part than a fork. If you’re paying by the gram I guess that might count?

transmission
    Free Member
    Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M has a 2015 E-Stereo and whilst it looks pig ugly (IMO) she loves it and has embarrassed several very accomplished mates on large rocky stuff (too the point where they’re thumbing the big book of racer excuses).

I do think I’m due a big bearings bill come it’s pivot service next year (but I won’t tell her that).

emac65
    Free Member

Lets hope they’ve beefed up the main pivot bolts & gone for a straight through system rather than the two daft small bolts either side that they had on the AMS. Ended up drilling mine through & using the bolt out of my old NRS to make mine up to the job…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New Cube bikes. Looks like changes afoot.’ is closed to new replies.