Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Crankset
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

My cranks from my 26in Whyte have finally died, so need replacing. I currently have 9 speed triple SLX set, but cannot find them anywhere (someone is sure to prove me wrong).
    I want to get the bike back to working order but do not want to spend a fortune, may be up to max 130ish, as may be parting with it soon.
    Any ideas as to what I could replace with?
    Thanks in advance!

z1ppy

Unless you done something weird to your crankset, or they fitted a really cheap crankset that are riveted together, the rings are replaceable. Deores replacements are fine though may need a bit of adjustment (filing) of their inner tabs to fit. Oh and 9/10 speed use the same size (or near enough) rings, so if you looking for a “9 speed” SLX crankset, stop panicing. Also if you rings are buggers, so will your chain and cassette, but £130 should easily buy you deore cassette/chain and set of rings

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

here is one..

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Or if you just need to replace the rings I have a set of slx 10 speed rings (will work fine on 9 speed) that you can have for not very much

mrwhyte
    Free Member

The rings are ok, it is the spindle that is mashed, the teeth have just sheered on one part. So thought getting new set, can then change rings over so I do not have to replace whole cassette.
    My friend completed the last section of Blade with one crank. Was a sight to see.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Fit a 10Spd SLX crankset they work just as well.
    all ready for when the 9 spd wears out and you upgrade to 10spd 😉

z1ppy

Ahh fair enough, change rings over makes sense, so as above 10 speed cranksets will work fine with your current setup. TBH I’d just put up a wanted ad, unless you feel the need for a brand new one. Also sell the (hopefully not damaged) non drive side arm, lots of ppl seem to lose/damage theirs!

qwerty
    Free Member

I can sell you a brand new, unused, only fitted, Race Face Ride, double 36/22, 170mm, black, posted for £75???

Email in profile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Crankset’ is closed to new replies.