Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new condensor for astra air con. Fair price?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just been quoted £280 +vat to supply fit and regas the condensor for the air con on my astra. Fair price or am I getting my trousers pulled down?

P20

Just paid £600 for my Octavia to be done

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad I don’t drive one of those.

andytherocketeer

erk @ prices.

Aircon on my Leon has just packed in. I hoping it’s not £600 to make it work again. I’m expecting it will though.

stumpy01

Fair price. My Ibiza was £500 fitted & re-gassed.

Andytherocketeer – what engine in your Leon? Mine was replaced on a 1.9tdi Ibiza (130 bhp).

Don’t go to Seat to get it done! They told me it was going to be £850 just for the part.

johnners
    Free Member

Just paid £600 for my Octavia to be done

I suspect I’d rather just do without a/c than pay that kind of money, I seldom use it anyway.

totalshell

open a window and save the world.. think i’d rather put 850 to something i could get value out of.. have you ever driven along and thought i’d give 850 quid to be a bit cooler.. C.O.O.L. complicated overated overaged loser as my daughter keeps telling me..

donsimon
    Free Member

Just been quoted £280 +vat to supply fit and regas the condensor for the air con on my astra. Fair price or am I getting my trousers pulled down?

Serious question: do we really need aircon in cars in the UK?

stumpy01

Serious answer. Yes, we do need air-con in the UK.

Not only helps to keep cars cool, but reduce moisture levels/misting in cooler times.

I might not have had mine refine if I didn’t do so many miles, but at the time I was doing 32k miles a year, spending up to 3hrs per day in my car, so £500 isn’t that much to pay for comfort.

andytherocketeer

1.8 20VT in mine.

Not sure if the dodgy kiwi car-repair guy can fix it. Will see what he says.

Need some other bits fixed too to pass its next test. And some other bits that would be nice to have fixed (leccy window switches – the white plastic inserts that glow fall inside the switch and stop it from moving). Although I wanted to get rid of it for new car (prolly Octavia vRS).

restless
    Free Member

I was just quoted £270 for a new condenser and fitting by a mobile air con chap.

My local garage quoted me £700 for the same job!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I had it done. Three hours a day in the car makes it worth while. As for opening a window, I find this harms the mpg more than using air con.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new condensor for astra air con. Fair price?’ is closed to new replies.