Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New components on cyclescheme?
  • blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Is the above possible? I’m in need of new forks etc and although the website doesn’t state that you can, I’m sure I’ve heard of people doing this?

Thanks

thegreatape
    Free Member

I reckon you’d need an accommodating LBS to get forks on it.

legend
    Free Member

I know of people doing it for components and also things like clothing. You’ll need to chat with an LBS though

km79
    Free Member

I know someone who got a hardtail frame, drivetrain, stem and bars on it. I think they put it through as a full bike.

Bigmantrials

My employer use the Bike2Work Scheme and I am in the process of getting a set of forks through it, LBS was happy to put in an invoice for a bike (Although bike2work say it can be used for accessories etc).

Frustratingly the forks have arrived but I don’t avhe my voucher yet!

iainc

why would you want to rent a set of forks from your employer … 😯

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s not renting.

iainc

^^^^ so you pay a monthly figure to use it, and after 12 months you give it back, or get the chance to buy it. How is that not renting ?

from the bike 2 work website :

Due to the rules surrounding the scheme, there can be no guarantee of transferring ownership to the Employee once the hire agreement has ended. However, ownership is generally transferred to the Employee at the end of the hire agreement. Bike2Work Scheme will contact Employees at the end of their hire agreement regarding the options available. The most attractive option for Employees is to pay a small refundable deposit to Bike2Work Scheme (either 3% or 7% depending on the original cost of the bike/equipment) and continue to lease the bike/equipment from Bike2Work Scheme for a further 36 months. If at the end, you decide to keep the bike, Bike2Work will retain your deposit. If not, you will need to return the bike to Bike2Work Scheme and they will arrange a refund of your deposit. You will not be charged for disposal of the bike but you will be required to arrange delivery of the bike and are responsible for any cost in doing so. Please be aware, options may vary depending on when your Employer registered with Bike2Work Scheme. Please contact us direct to find out which options are available.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Ianc, because the other option is buying 2nd hand cheaper forks whuch i dont really want to do.

If any shops want my business, send me a message with your number etc and we can chat.

mattyfez

Helps spread the cost too, im currently building up a frame, and it would be nice to get a new group set and a few other bits but I don’t need frame or forks.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

^^^^ so you pay a monthly figure to use it, and after 12 months you give it back, or get the chance to buy it. How is that not renting ?

If I rent a house, after a year do I get to keep that house by paying either 4% (or 7% if it’s above a certain value) of the cost of said house?.

You can spout all the details you want, but in the real world it’s a slightly better than interest free loan.

And what you have quoted is bike2work, not cyclescheme.

iainc

If I rent a house, after a year do I get to keep that house by paying either 4% (or 7% if it’s above a certain value) of the cost of said house?.

that would depend on how much rent you had paid over the year, wouldn’t it..

all the schemes work on basis that your employer own the bike and accessories while you are renting/leasing.

Yes, I fully accept that many people use their scheme to ‘purchase’ bikes and parts, which is a bit of a bending of the rules, though a blind eye is normally turned

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

that would depend on how much rent you had paid over the year, wouldn’t it..

nonsense.

Whatever, I’ve had 4 cyclescheme ‘events’ now (not always been for full bikes) each time I have paid the fee at the end, and it’s the last It’s been heard of.

YMMV.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New components on cyclescheme?’ is closed to new replies.