Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Commuter backpack
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I am after a new one since I left me last one on the effing train grrrrrrrr. I had a Dakine Apex and it was fantastic, although the fact that the space was spread over a number of pockets made it difficult to pack.

Looking at new ones: I like the Dakine Amp 25L: Does anyone have any experience of this one? Any other suggestions?

It will be used for mainly road-riding, including 15-30milers after work, as well as more general carrying stuff duties, and needs to take gym gear, smallish lunchbox, pump, spare tubes etc.

thepurist

There was a similar thread a week or 2 back – some suggestions in there

barrykellett
    Free Member

I use an alpkit gourdon
    Great wee bit of kit and most importantly, fully waterproof… and almost as important, dirt cheap

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I do fancy another Dakine as they seem to be made very well, but are pretty pricey. I like the look of the Amp as it comes with a rain cover, but can’t find any piccies of what it looks like inside (all pockets or one big space?).

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

The DHB from Wiggle does me OK, think it is about 25 litres, no frills but comfy.

nickname
    Free Member

Just got an email from Cyclesurgery, they’ve got a few offers today.

Vaude Northshore 28 – £70~ down to £45
    Vaude UltraTrail 20 – £60~ down to £30

‘TT63’ code at checkout if you want (today only)

cp

lol, just spotted this thread after starting one on a very similar subject ref. fitting a 15″ laptop in a 20L gourdon!

stayhigh

I recently got a Deuter Futura 28l which I supremely impressed with. Its light and comfortable with a mesh sprung back and seems cavernous for change of clothes, pack up, ride kit plus anything else I feel the need to drag 15miles to work with me.

CLICKY

mikey74
    Free Member

I really like the look of that Vaude Northshore 28, but at 51cm high, I fear it may be too tall.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Commuter backpack’ is closed to new replies.