Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • new coil RS sektor next year…sounds good to me!
  • bikeryder85
    Free Member

just took a look here and saw that rockshox will be offering a dual position coil for next year…personally I’m stoked…what about you guys?

bikeryder85
    Free Member

late edit…the argyle is also offered in a 4.4lb 140mm solo air version…isn’t that the old solo air pike then?

float
    Free Member

pretty badass. if its reliable then they’re on to a winner.

in a sense its kind of like a dropper seatpost. with the forks at the mo, you can change the travel but it takes some time (like a seatpost QR) but with this new gadget its just a flick of a switch, so you can keep the flow (and stoke and gnar) from the top of the climb.

phutphutend

Just like the ETS on Marzocchis years ago. Although they did stop working after a while. But great idea.

BadlyWiredDog

the argyle is also offered in a 4.4lb 140mm solo air version…isn’t that the old solo air pike then?

What ‘old solo air Pike’?

warpcow
    Free Member

IIRC they did a solo-air one as OE for some bike companies, but all the after-market ones were either coil or dual-air.

Very interested by the Sektor dual-position. Now to decide between that and a Rev. Either way it’ll be a chunk of weight saved compared to my old Pike.

Northwind

Seems like they’re moving away from u-turn, seems a shame… 2-position is fine as long as the 2 settings are the 2 you want but u-turn works well at all settings.

angryratio
    Free Member

presumably they’ve noticed people ride with forks in two different travel settings, one for down, one for up certainly thats how my uturn gets used.
    If it’s user chooseable within a set of pre defined travel settings.. it’ll be a winner.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have U Turn at the moment and never use it… a 2 step would probably suit me a lot better as I just don’t want to spend the time winding the thing in and out 😉

Food for thought if I should start speccing a new bike later this year/next.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

If they also did this for the lyric it would be spot on.Have a 2 step air and as a climbing aid it’s brilliant.(when it works)

Northwind

Capt. Kronos – Member

I have U Turn at the moment and never use it… a 2 step would probably suit me a lot better as I just don’t want to spend the time winding the thing in and out

If you ever used it, you’d learn it only takes about 5 seconds to go from end to end even on the move 😉 Actually quicker than my 2-steps were, since they used to sometimes take a few tries to stick at the short setting or to extend.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Never got the hang of winding it in and out on the move! It’s a get off and faff job, hence my reluctance to be arsed 😉

BadlyWiredDog

Never got the hang of winding it in and out on the move! It’s a get off and faff job,

I’ve had good results by reaching down and turning the little handle thing on the fork either in or out – if you wind it anti-clockwise the fork extends, if it’s not already fully out and if you turn it clockwise, the fork compresses. It’s not immediately obvious that that’s how it works of course, which I think is why RS have gone over to the simpler two-step system on their newer forks.

And for almost the first time ever, I agree with Northwind, I like to have the option of graduated travel adjust. If you’re having trouble turning the U-turn adjuster you are either extremely weak or it needs the knob thing popped off, cleaned and lubed.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Well… they are 6 years old 😉

Its as much reaching the thing when riding, I don’t have the balance to cope with rocky trails one handed whilst leaning over the front of the bike! Well… perhaps at a trail centre or somewhere with nice smooth track it would work, but by and large I have just left the Pikes all the way out as the bike climbs better than I can at that setting anyway 😉

Northwind

Capt. Kronos – Member

Well… they are 6 years old

Its as much reaching the thing when riding, I don’t have the balance to cope with rocky trails one handed whilst leaning over the front of the bike!

But then why would you want to change travel then anyway?

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

RS or Fox should make a simple, non travel-adjustable, not too heavy, 140mm 35/36mm fork. Like a stumpy Lyrik or Fox 36. A plush, super stiff trail fork. I’d buy one.

Dango
    Free Member

Just spoke to Fishers

These are coming to UK late Sept and RRP on 150mm coil dual position is £410
    😀

GavinB

Just spoke to Fishers

These are coming to UK late Sept and RRP on 150mm coil dual position is £410

I’d better start saving the pennies, as those would be ideal for my Piggie! 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

The current U-Turn Sektor’s pretty good as is and cheaper I think, like a little over 300 quid. Stick a black box rebound damper in it and it’s acer. I rarely reduced the fork travel on my Pig, even on quite steep climbs. Anyway… 🙂

james
    Free Member

I agree with Northwind

I went for 2010 dual air U-turns over 2011 dual position airs (both 120-150mm) because I know 150mm won’t work most of the time, its just too slack/tall for my bike. 120mm is good for climbing, but I needed a more middling position for when its not really steep up or down

2 step style travel adjusters IMO can only work if your bike is designed to work around the upper travel amount, with the lower one for climbing. If your bike works best most of the time somewhere in the middle then it won’t work?

Northwind

An adjustable 2-step where you can choose the limits would be ace though… A sort of all-travel-2-step.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘new coil RS sektor next year…sounds good to me!’ is closed to new replies.