Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NEW climbing wall- London
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

I just wanted to give a thumbs up for the reach http://www.thereach.org.uk/
    I got around to going for the first time last night and although it's new and clearly still finding its feet it was worth the visit and I'll be going back.
    I'd say the place is about half the size of the castle in terms of ropes/routes currently (and growing) and they've set about 50 or 60% as lead routes so far. Small bouldering area, cafe (not tried), ok sized lockers and good looking changing area with showers. Bike racks too. Cheap too at 8 quid (plus 4 to register first time). Oh and VERY cheap for introductory/learn to climb sessions which are currently 18 quid!! You'll pay 50 or 60 quid at the Castle.
    Other than me and my climbing partner there were only 2 other people there last night….which was great for us but not for them. If they are going to stay they need support and customers! Personally I don't want it to get silly busy like the Castle seems to be on a weekday currently (it being so busy motivated me to try the reach) but they do need more customers so I thought I'd post on here as I know there are a few other climbers around. Try them out, and spread the word!
    Oh and friendly staff/owners too, had a chat with a few of them, encouraged them and gave them my thoughts (good and bad) on the place so far, they really want people's views to get the place how people want and on ideas to get people in. I suggested some cheap entry nights, maybe tie in with a nearby pub for a cheap curry after, they were giving that thought…they reckoned there was a possible pub nearby (although unfortunately the nearby areas of woolwhich are….well….not very swanky unfortunately).
    That's enough from me. Go and give the place a try 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

bump

PJM1974
    Free Member

My missus is a very keen climber (we both have had a crack at each other's extreme sports), so I'll try and organise taking her there.

Thanks for the tip!

neilnevill
    Free Member

bump

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That's enough bumping!

neilnevill
    Free Member

They've dropped the entry fee to just a fiver on Friday now, for the 'foreseable'….well, until they start getting a few more people in I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘NEW climbing wall- London’ is closed to new replies.