Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • new carbon riser – any point in a non-Easton setup?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I need some new lo-rise bars, so my obvious idea was Easton

probably the EC70 XC at £80 new

any point in looking elsewhere?

any point waiting for the new Haven carbons?

[must be lo-rise, 685mm or above, 31.8mm]

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

when do those new haven ones hit the shops? look quite decent and the all mountain carbon one is wider than current monkeylite xc ones which could be decent!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

dunno

any shop blokes on who could shed some light…?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I don’t really get on with Easton so I went for Bonty and Azonic. If you like the Big E, wait and get the newest bar.

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got FSA K-Force ones and love em.

EDIT: £55 on ebay

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I changed from EC70s to Raceface SixC bars as I wanted something a little wider… I was told the Haven Carbons weren’t due till December, but that was a couple of months ago… I have since seen the aluminium Havens and they feel pretty nice. I am however super chuffed with my SixCs as the shape is perfect for me and they feel real solid… Not cheap though!

PROLINE85
    Free Member

I’ve had 2008 Easton Monkeylites, 2009 Easton Monkeylites (several sets, don’t ask) and FSA DH Carbon Risers.

Now have a pair of Race Face six C’s and they’re great. Quality wise, they seem on par with Easton and the length and shape is spot on! I was going to wait for the Haven’s, but glad I didn’t 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

not sure if cheap and carbon bars should go together but Id be interested to see if anyones used these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-MEREK-MTB-Full-Carbon-Riser-Handlebar-31-8-x-645-/260667079001?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb0f7f959

they appear to be OE manufacturers for a number of big names.

psilocybe
    Free Member

ive just took delivery of some last week munqe-chick, yet to test them yet though since the bike aint finished.

nickc

not sure if cheap and carbon bars should go together

this ^

There’s a reason Easton have the reputation they do…

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’ve got some almost new Race Race SixC (used for one ride) that I’d be willing to sell. They came on my new bike but I’ve fitted Carnegie carbon instead. Make me an offer I can’t refuse!

backhander
    Free Member

What would you take for em nick?

ackie
    Free Member

I’ve got some Ritchey Lo-rise carbon RIZERS. Seem v nice to me.

andydicko
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted these

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

backhander – ygm

br
    Free Member

Easton DH’s for me – pretty much overkill for my riding, but still light for the width

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Ive got Ritchey WCS lo risers on and they seem strong enough for my 14 stone yanking on them so far.

vikingboy
    Free Member

the new Easton AM Havoc carbon bar looks tops, 750mm wide and light too.
    Waiting for this as I find the DH’s 711mm too narrow now 🙁

reggiegasket
    Free Member

went with the EC70 monkeylites in the end. Gonna stick with Easton.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘new carbon riser – any point in a non-Easton setup?’ is closed to new replies.