Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New camera – where to keep pictures online question
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I need to store my digital images and wondered what’s the best site for doing this.

One that is easy to upload and doesn’t try to sell me services or charge me or need me to create a new yahoo/Google etc. account etc.

Any recommendations / experiences ?

Cheers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get over the fact that you might need a new login, Google/Flickr/Dropbox etc. all need a login, all have pro’s and cons depends what you need and what you will compromise on.

mrblobby
    Free Member

One that is easy to upload and doesn’t try to sell me services or charge me or need me to create a new yahoo/Google etc. account etc.

If you find one with that business model then they probably won’t be around for long! 🙂

As has been said, get over the login thing and the fact that someone offering a free service may try and sell you something now and again. There has to be something in it for them.

DezB
    Free Member

Google’s great (not sure about the new layout, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it).
    Just seen today that storage is unlimited for HQ uploads (original size pics have quota).

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m just old fashion and have enough logins to confuse me regularly 🙂

Maybe I should just buy a portable HD and sod the internet.

bigjim

just been battling with flickr to upload to Springwatch, seems to be terrible, confusing steps and slow as hell, at least on this old laptop.

nickdavies

Dropbox, sign up sign in install the app and then forget about it.
    Appears on your computer just like a regular drive and sorts it all out in the background.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Another vote for Dropbox as a storage solution. I also use Flickr but I use that mostly as a gallery rather than storage. Dropbox is so easy to use and makes sharing across devices particularly easy as you can also choose to have local copies stored rather than always having to rely on having an Internet connection to access.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Amazon Prime.. unlimited photo storage, loads of movies and tv to watch, next day delivery on anything prime.

Whoops.. not free

Olly
    Free Member

network hard drive connected to your router.

3TB for 70 quid, and the one i have (western digital) can be set up so that you upload stuff to drop box, and it mirrors it onto the hard drive or visa versa. not sure why you would bother though, it has an app, and can basically be used like dropbox or whatever, except its massive, and lives in my house.

Can also stream music and videos to my phone should i feel the need, be accessed by anyone on the network (with the password) and can be accessed from outside the house via the web.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maybe I should just buy a portable HD and sod the internet.

Like we did? Bought a 1tb WD HD, backed all our photo’s onto it from the PC, didn’t use it often, just to store photo’s & vids on.
    It broke, out of warranty, so now I’ll have to get the old PC out of the loft, rig it up & try something else.

richmars

I think I’d rather pay a bit, hopefully the company will be around a while if they’re making money. (Not 100% guaranteed, which is why I still back up stuff at home.)
    I’m use smugmug.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New camera – where to keep pictures online question’ is closed to new replies.