Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New build, wheel colours….
  • 19ninety
    Free Member

So my new build will be a sexy blue frame with white forks … but I’m really stuck on something, wheels.
    The rest of the build will be blue bars, white grips, black stem, black head set, black seat post and saddle, black cranks with blue chain ring.

As the bikes blue, I’m having blue hope hubs … but do I have;
    White stans with white spokes or black spokes?
    Or
    Black stans with white or black spokes?

Be safe with black, or risky with white?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do you wear white socks on a night out?

19ninety
    Free Member

Depends if its Wimbledon themed fancy dress night, yes… otherwise no. 😆

Daffy

Black spokes on white rims if you want to make absolutely sure it’ll look gash…but it’ll probably make little difference.

19ninety
    Free Member

Black rims and spokes with blue hubs it is then 😳

Slogo
    Free Member

white rims, black spokes with blue hubs will look sweet.

Ive got red hubs. they look awesome.

IA

Well, given you’re putting this much thought into colour-coordination rather than “whatever’s on offer will do” you’re clearly a tart. 😉

White rims, black spokes.

HOWEVER. Blue frame, chainring, bars and hubs. Are they all going to match, or are you heading for a horribly clashing fashion disaster….

19ninety
    Free Member

I’ll admit to being a bit of a bike tart … simply because its a one off thing building this which means I’ve got many options (probably too many for my own good (like spoke colour lol) … I dont mess about with cars or motorbikes etc, so my money going on this 🙂

See I quite like these, and my frame if the same blue as the SlackLine:

http://i.imgbox.com/LXIPRY80.jpg
    http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb6149984/p4pb6149984.jpg

I cant seem to find a photo online with the same colour as I’d like.

So:
    Frame – Blue
    Grips – White
    Bars – Blue
    Brakes – Black (w/braided hoses)
    Stem – Black
    Headset – Black
    Fork – White
    Saddle – Black
    Post – Black
    Clamp – Black or Blue
    Chain Ring – Blue
    Cranks – Black
    Jockey Wheels – Blue
    Hubs – Blue
    Rotors – Blue

… so, White Flows and black spokes?

jambalaya
    Free Member

You do understand its possible to overdo the colours 😉

Black wheels and spokes as you said. You have coloured hope hubs and with probably white branding on the tyres that’s enough. If you really wanted full colour explosion then white rims.

twoniner
    Free Member

White rims (Spank Oozy) Blue hope hubs and black spokes on a pace build I was doing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I would say it’s best not to try and match paint with anodizing. Blue ano next to blue paint/powder coat is not a good look in my opinion.

What frame is it? Wheels might look better with black rims, black spokes and black hubs depending on how blue the frame is. Desticker the rims though.

RustyMac

I could do you a deal on some white flow rims depending on what size you require. I have a pair of 26″ rims I was going to build up but am no longer going to use them. Bought new, laced to hubs and then have sat in the garage for truing and tensioning that I have not got round to.

My email address is in my profile if you are interested.

19ninety
    Free Member

Oh yes I understand over doing it, my brain is an acid trip of colour mess trying to decide now … hence asking STW 🙂 At one ppoint trawled googleimages for so long I didnt even want a blue frame anymore so stopped looking. However, its time to begin purchasing more stuff so need to make my mind up … bars/stem etc is easy to swap out … wheels are a bit more expensive!
    Thanks for the offer Rusty, but its a 29er.

The frame is anodised blue, same kinda colour as the SlackLine/Kona Honzo blue, obviously not painted blue though.

White will make the whole thing very bright, where as black will make the frame stand out more.

If anyone has more photos or thoughts, fire away (related to colours, not to abusing a 29er rider).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New build, wheel colours….’ is closed to new replies.