Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New bridge at Culra Bothy
  • druidh
    Free Member

Unashamedly stolen from another forum, but may interest lots of folk on here…

Looks like it’ll be a wee bit harder to see from a distance, but should be much easier to cross with a bike.

DickBarton

Is the post for those interested in bridge structures? If not, not sure the interest as it looks like just another method of crossing a ‘burn’ without getting wet feet!

cynic-al
    Free Member

IIRC you’d get pretty wet in that burn

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well the old bridge was a bit dodgy to say the least. rotting boards and slack wire IIRC

stravaiger
    Free Member

Is that to replace this one ? (also unashamedly stolen)

still have to get in there – maybe this year

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Old bridge for comparison purposes:

DickBarton

So they are dumbing down the trails for us? I dunno…kids these days!

😉

farm-boy

Old one was a right pain with panniers, full camping gear etc

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Looks like it’ll be a wee bit harder to see from a distance<

That’s a very vehicular looking structure – fair chance his nibs will beef up the soggy Argo track that leads to it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I doubt it heather – last time I was up that way the old stalkers paths on the far side of the river had been rebuilt but only wide enough for walkers not for vehicles.

julesf7
    Free Member

I can assure you that it is very hard to see at nighttime, in November, when the rain is coming down… 😕 Daytime is fine though, plan to head up again in a month.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Old one was a right pain with panniers, full camping gear etc<

It still will be – that’s a pic of the “other bridge” @ Loch Pattack iirc 😉

The new ones built for vehicles all right – look at the width / new concrete abutment and sloping ramp on the East side. Hardly necessary for pedestrian traffic…

Sad bridge watchers of the world unite!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

The chain bridge that is shown in the last photo is still there and looking in good nic. The new bridge in the top photo has been there since last October at least. Stayed at the bothy for a few nights last october and the recommended route was to stay right and keep to the shores of Loch Pattack. Keep to the landy track and don’t head left into the boggy ground.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New bridge at Culra Bothy’ is closed to new replies.