Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Brakes Hope VS Juicy carbons or ultimate's
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Ok talk to me about brakes… I have owned K18’s, Mono Minis 06 & 07, M4’s 06 & 07, Mono 6’s etc. Yes I love hope. Now I am doing a new build (remedy eight) and need some brakes.. my gut feel is to try and track down some tech x2’s or mini pro’s (I feel M4’s are a tad ott for me) reason for asking is I am tempted to try either juicy carbons or Juicy ultimate’s… so what is the difference between the ultimate’s and the carbons? And how do either compare to the likes of tech x2’s or M4’s in weight and power?

br
    Free Member

Juicys have a really shit pad retention system; easy enough in the garage, on a workstand in the warmth (with the bleed kit), but can be a total pain otherwise…

Apart from that, they work fine.

dss1234
    Free Member

I've never had a problem with Avid's pad retention system? Seems pretty simple to me and works well – That said, I've never had to change them out on the trail.

I run Juicy Ultimates and they are pretty minimal. No complaints but sometimes feel the lever has too much travel and the pad contact adjustment really doesn't seem to do much?

Dunc

njee20
    Free Member

Elixirs are far more powerful, Juicy Carbons really are just 7s with ti bolts and a carbon lever, overpriced at best. The Ultimates are good, much lighter, but still have the gay pad retention system. I've found my Elixirs far superior to any of the sets of Juicys I've had.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Brakes Hope VS Juicy carbons or ultimate's’ is closed to new replies.