Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Bowie track
  • rascal
    Free Member

WTF?
    Even Bowie fans I work think it’s shite…6 music playing it quite a lot though 🙄

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yup – It’s shite. I’m beginning to think that he’s doing a Paul McCartney and releasing stuff well after he should be putting his feet up.

coogan
    Free Member

I love Bowie. One of my heroes (pun intended). But that song is utter gash.

AlexSimon

Any links for a listen?

binners

I love Bowie, but this is absolutely bloody awful! It sounds like someone playing a vocal track over the backing track from something completely different. Perhaps the absolutely monumental amount of drugs he’s done in the past have finally caught up with him

But he seems to have reached that ‘National Treasure’ status where you’re not allowed to point out how truly horrendous it is. The Paul Mccartney Paradox

medoramas
    Free Member

Is it the one that sounds like 6 different people playing 6 different songs at the same time, while Bowie sings another one? 😆

DaRC_L

yeah not too sure on that Bowie track (& i tend to love his more synchopated stuff).
    It tends to follow the trend of good album, dodgy album he’s had since the 80’s though.

grievoustim
    Free Member

It’s an odd choice to release as a single for radio play maybe, but I’m not sure it would sound that out of place on “Low” or “Lodger”

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s from Stella Street, makes me smile everytime it comes on 😀

buck53

It’s a great example of the type of song he’s trying to make, not to everyone’s taste (or even mine) admittedly, but ‘shite’ is a bit narrow minded IMO.

It’s the only new track on an upcoming retrospective box set, not sure it was necessarily intended to be seized upon the way 6music have.

‘Dancing with Blue Jean’ though, now that is proper shite, no two ways about it.

AlexSimon

Is it ‘Sue’ We’re talking about?
    I’ve just listened and thought it was pretty good to start with. It did irritate a bit towards the end, but not half as much as when I accidentally switched on Radio 1 in the car earlier.

[mumble mutter, old bastard, mumble grumble]

coogan
    Free Member

‘Dancing with Blue Jean’ though, now that is proper shite, no two ways about it.

That’s a bit narrow minded IMO.

Merak

It’s utter gash. Shame as his recent album hinted towards something altogether more less shite. McCartney and Bowie for the glue factory, old bastards……

Which prompts me to another thought dead Beatle for live one. John Lennon excused. George Harrison for McCartney any day, I **** hate Paul McCartney.

pjbarton
    Free Member

So, out of interest, those calling Sue “gash” and “shite”… What are you into?

lucky7500

It’s an odd choice to release as a single for radio play maybe, but I’m not sure it would sound that out of place on “Low” or “Lodger”

I’d agree “low” definitely. As it happens (and as a Bowie fan) I actually quite like the new song. I suspect that if a more current act had released it a lot of people would be far more sympathetic to the ‘brave new direction’. Also, lumping him in with McCartney is a little unfair as with the possible exceptions of Band On The Run (album) & Live And Let Die he hasn’t done anything worthwhile since 1969!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Bowie track’ is closed to new replies.