Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New BMX friday….
  • somafunk

My mates son outgrew his previous BMX i bought him from stw classifieds a few years ago (we the people arcade) so i surprised him with this t’day,
    We took a run to a mates bike shop this afternoon (Studio Velo) on the pretext that i needed parts for my bike and Phil had this up on the stand putting the final touches to it, i ordered it on the sly last week. When we wandered in Nico immediately gravitated to it and started to fiddle and make the usual bike shop noises whilst casually dropping hints that it was so cool looking. Needless to say i dragged his torment/torture?, out further by wandering around the shop looking at clothes etc, till Phil brought it through to the till area and i mentioned to Nico would he like a go on it – he was off out the door like a shot 😀 , he came back and his face was beaming so i told him to stick it in the van. At this point confusion spread across his face but i said it was for doing very well at school (he won best school pupil award for citizenship or something – he’s always protecting the small kids from the few bullies) and for being very strong/helpful when his dad was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer last year (had operation and ok now thank god) so this was to say well done. Needless to say he pushed his good luck further by also squeezing me for a new Endura Humvee helmet in lime green to match his tyres 😀

I recently sold my beloved tripster of that thread so i figured he needed a new BMX to see out the summer holidays, we are off out to the pump track (built by rik of drumlanrig) at Brighouse bay t’morn so he can crash and christen his new bike with blood 😉

twistedpencil

Just brilliant!

Poopscoop

Sounds like a nice lad. Good for him and he obviously loves the bike! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think the “like” button must be hiding under those weeds….

RustySpanner

Remember that feeling?
    The one we’re all still chasing everytime we walk into a bike shop?
    😀

Tub handles neatly aligned in the shed too, loving your work fellas.

somafunk

I’m afraid it’s not my shed garden but i’ll pass on the comments regarding the weeds and ocd bucket handles to his parents. 😀

I know it’s not my bmx but i’m just as excited to get out t’morn as i imagine Nico is 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Excellent. Good man somafunk.

Don’t let the kid see the vid on the homepage though!! Might put ideas in his head 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

comments regarding the weeds and ocd bucket handles

Are what makes STW what it is!

😀

RustySpanner

somafunk – Member
    I’m afraid it’s not my shed garden but i’ll pass on the comments regarding the weeds and ocd bucket handles to his parents.

It was a 50/50 ball, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
    🙂

Lovely bike, impossible to check the valve/logo alignment though, if I look to closely at those tyres my eyes start to bleed.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Soma, you are a very decent human being. Bravo sir.

kimbers

This post is so full of win

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New BMX friday….’ is closed to new replies.