Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New Bike – Whyte 19 Carbon Team
  • GJP
    Free Member

After 4-5 months of waiting patiently my Whyte 19 Carbon Team frameset finally arrived a little over a week ago.

Still some tweaks needed before it is really as I would want it – most probably a 90mm rather than 100mm stem and some carbon low risers. Not 100% sure about the saddle either – never used a Toupe on an MTB before.

Dibbs
    Free Member

XT cranks!! you cheapskate, it deserves the FSA carbons 😉

willej

Lovely floor.

Looks like it’s going to be a fast bike!

Pauly

Lovely bikes. Is that a small size?

GJP
    Free Member

Dibbs – yes some of the FSA BB30 Carbon cranks like yours would be more appropriate – but I could not justify the further £500-600 outlay at the moment. Perhaps next spring – hopefully there will be a more choice by then?

Pauly – yes it is a small. Whyte don’t publish the seat tube measurements with their geometries. It measures 16in but the box it came in was marked 15″. Given the bow in the TT I have needed to use a 410mm post to ensure the min insert line is below the intersection of TT and ST. I am 5’8″ ish but with shortish legs 29/30in there is sufficient standover for me but anyone with a smaller inseam would stuggle in my opinion.

xcstu
    Free Member

Nice looking bike 😉 got to ask where did you get the bike stand from?

ttf
    Free Member

I love the look of those whyte’s…I sold my trek 9.9 as it was a bit TOO light and twitchy but that sounds like it would be a much better compromise. Looks great!
    Also, how do you get on with the race kings? I’ve been meaning to try them out.

GJP
    Free Member

xcstu – got the bike stand from my local LBS. They are made by PRO. Several local shops near me have them SigmaSport, Pearsons

ttf – not tried the Race Kings yet. Got them cheapish from Wiggle a few months back. They seal very easily on the Olympic rims. My only experience of tubless is with RR’s so only time will tell.

rOcKeTdOg

blimey, that looks fast!

Anthony
    Free Member

Looks fantastic. As has been already mentioned, so does the parquet floor.

Blue grips need changing for black though.

How the hell do you wait patiently for months? I’ve been tearing my hair out since Feb for the new stock of Simple’s to arrive.

fallguy
    Free Member

If theres a reason to get race fit again, thats it! 🙂 Gorgeous bike as said it looks fast sitting still, hows it weigh in?

shinsplints

That’s a minter ! Nice attention to detail aswell,even down to the red/white logos on the Easton bars matching the frame & decals (yes,I do have OCD). 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

O gosh that looks very fast

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s the only type of Whyte 19 I don’t have and I’m not jealous, not even in the slightest :mrgreen:

fbk
    Free Member

Mmmmm Very nice indeed – def needs some carbon cranks though 😉

Crell
    Free Member

Very nice, I have a frame on the way. What’s the seatpost diameter on the frame, I can’t find any mention of it on the spec sheet?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m still jealous, but I still think it really needs a carbon seatpost, cranks, bars and a splash of XTR to do it justice 😉

Crell
    Free Member

I thought these had the BB30 setup? How’d you get Shimano working on it? (found the Seat tube diameter BTW)

timdrayton
    Free Member

lovely, you need a white and red phenom sl saddle now!

muddy@rseguy

Very nice, but you’d probably be best advised to put some pedals on it or it’ll ride “a bit funny” 😛

Dibbs
    Free Member

How’d you get Shimano working on it?

The frames come with a press-in bottom bracket adapter sleeve.
    http://road.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=279

gravitydroppersrock
    Free Member

FSA CLEARANCE : FSA Team Issue ATB W/Mega Exo 44/32/22 170mm 310-0050 – RRP £359.95

Team Issue ATB MegaExo features:
    Integrated MegaExo BB
    Monocoque crankarm/spider
    Precision CNC machined 7075/T6 chainrings, ramped and pinned for perfect shifing AL7075 Torx T-30 alloy chainring bolts
    Length – L170mm or 175mm
    Q-Factor – 169mm
    104/64mm bolt circle diameter
    Chainrings – 44/32/22T
    Chainline – 50mm
    MegaExo oversize external cartridge bearings
    Oversize splined integrated chromoly BB Axle
    MegaExo alloy bearing cups
    24mm spindle
    870g inc bb

£175 from on-one-shop

Dibbs
    Free Member

Bargain price but its not the BB30 one, which defeats the point of having a BB30 bottom bracket shell.

Dibbs
    Free Member

gravitydroppersrock
    Free Member

neither is the xt BB30 so whats the issue?

Dibbs
    Free Member

defeats the point of having a BB30 bottom bracket shell.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

A very nice bike……no excuses now 🙂

walleater

Awesome fireroad bike.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – Whyte 19 Carbon Team’ is closed to new replies.