Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • new bike week at team sky
  • BrickMan

The mark up on higher end bike stuff is horrific, £10k retail = £2.5-3k max actual cost to get it landed in the UK

Whats more impressive is routing god damn Di2 in under 2hours, let alone the rest of the bike. Or maybe they just have the mother of all proddy sticks for pushing the coiled up cables through the lubed up frames

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whats more impressive is routing god damn Di2 in under 2hours, let alone the rest of the bike. Or maybe they just have the mother of all proddy sticks for pushing the coiled up cables through the lubed up frames

Hoover and a bit of cotton thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well they had better hurry up with the builds as 3 of them are racing round my local streets on Sunday and Wiggle can’t even deliver things that quick
    http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/stan-siejka-launceston-cycling-classic-2014/news/57215/froome-to-race-with-porte-in-tasmania

NormalMan

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    It is Servais Knaven’s bike.
    The one on the right with no logo, just a (gorilla taped over?) shiny band a

Sorry. I thought the only ‘different shape’ fizik was being mentioned. That was Knaven’s bike.

MrNice
    Free Member

The 2015 Paris Roubaix is being used a “test” event for disc brakes. The fact that most teams run specific bikes for P-R now means that the cost of setting them up with disc brakes is far less than it otherwise would be and the conditions are perfect for discs. Win all round.

Be approved by 2016 I reckon (unless there’s a major drama where a rider slices his fingers off in a rotor…)

Shall we start a sweepstake on who’s first? Bagsy Froome.

aracer
    Free Member

On an event like PR where you get lots of punctures, I should imagine anybody in with a chance would prefer to have standard wheels.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘new bike week at team sky’ is closed to new replies.