• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fabs.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New bike – supplied bits?
  • fabs

I have just got a new bike (kona process), and a number of fiddly little bits came in a plastic bag with it – please help me identify them or find a use for them!

What looks like a nail varnish bottle, and tiny brush? Is it touch up paint or some kind of lubricant?

2 bolt on hook things. I think they look like cable guides? Not sure why i need these, as the cable/hoses all seem to be attached using zip ties at cable mounting lumps on the frame.

Valve stems (presumably, I can go tubeless?).

A paper-thin piece of black plastic 2 inches long, the width if my little finger.

2 grey rockshox cylinders. Presumably these are bottomless tokens?

The bike manual supplied is fairly standard stuff showing me how to adjust cantilever brakes, which isn’t all that relevant as far as I can tell.

sambob
    Free Member

Touch up paint

Bolt on hook thing may well be the cable guide for the rear mech cable, just before it enters the chainstay. Not sure why there are two spares mind!

valve stems for tubeless

No idea regarding the bit of plastic

Bottomless tokens

vincienup
    Free Member

The grey barrelly things are definitely bottomless tokens.

Not too sure about the rest of it – the valves are probably an indication of tubeless capability as you say. The mysterious hooky hooks – I was going to suggest a dropper hose kit – but I think Processes are all droppered up as new? The varnish bottle thing – does it look like the colour of the frame? I’d guess this probably is touchup…

cokie

Touch paint! Nice ‘touch’ by Kona. Not even the boutique manufacturers provide that.

I imagine the hooks might be spare because they used zip ties instead?

Yeah, tubeless valves- though you might need tubless tape..

Plastic tube is a mystery.. got a picture?

fabs

Thanks!

I think the 2 hooks are to route a dropper cable along my top tube (if i switch from the internal dropper supplied)

The liquid in the nail varnish jar is black, like the frame. Probably is touchup paint then.

I’m not sure about the thin strip of black plastic. Perhaps it was supposed to protect the frame or bars from the supplied reflectors?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New bike – supplied bits?’ is closed to new replies.