Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • new bike? – repeated topic :-(
  • MarkyG82

So, my current bike is a 07 meta 5.5 with no original parts. I’ve spent a fair few pennies in the last year making it ridable. To get it to a point where it will last me a few more years in need to spend in the region of 4-500 now with more to come. So I need a new one. LBS has one I like and offers free accessories with a new bike (not enough for a dropper which is what I want) OR online direct sales jobbie with all the bits I want for a similar price.

Neither offer 0% currently. So if it was you, would you wave the plastic around or go looking at other sources. I really want to get one from LBS but…

My head hurts.

rickon
    Free Member

0% on credit card purchases is possible, have a look on Google. The worst case is getting a 0% apr balance transfer card, buying on another card and paying off the balance with the new card. Youll probably pay a 2% handling fee, but if you can make and keep up the monthly payments without problems, then its a good way to go.

MarkyG82

That’s the way I was leaning. Glad you think the same. Which vendor would you go for? I’m going to ask if they do a deal with some extra cash to get dropper post. Might make the decision easier.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Personal preference would be LBS if the bikes are comparable in terms of what your after. The LBS route gives you a route for any issues, setup, probably a 1st service free etc. It also gives you the chance to try the bike before you buy it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘new bike? – repeated topic :-(’ is closed to new replies.