Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New bike pics – Charge Filter Apex
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

Arrived today, need to tweak the setup and get used to the Apex shifters coming from Shimano previously.

It’ll be getting mudguards, lights & rack fitted for commuting duties next week.

Quite a bargain I reckon at £585 from Wiggle (£650 + 10% Pizza Express voucher when I brought it). Notice its gone up £25 now, but still cheap if you get hold of a voucher to go with it:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-filter-apex-2012/

martymac

nice, i have the hi model, same frame/forks, shimano tiagra kit.
    i have fitted 32mm tyres, guards, lights and wider bars.
    like it a lot, it rides well.
    im gonna end up paying a total of about 650 for mine through c2w, not unhappy with that tbh.

andyl
    Free Member

that’s really nice. With I hadn’t just bought a normal road bike now. Hell of a discount too!

thepublican
    Free Member

Just bought one yesterday as a little birthday treat for myself, courtesy of your tipoff the other day..

Figured if the cross bug caught it could be an excellent donor package for a lighter frame & wheels.

Hope you enjoy it!

solboy
    Free Member

Hi there. I am after one of these (Mid version) and am confused on sizing. I think i want a large. Can you confirm what size your bike is and how tall you are please? Also is that a 100 or 110mm stem?
    Cheers, C

kayak23

Its nice that, but make sure those power cables stay against the skirting or else they could become a trip hazard. Perhaps use some Hi-viz tape?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Solboy, I’m 6ft and its a Large, stock stem is 120mm as in the pic above.

solboy
    Free Member

Cheers i am 5ft 10 and according to Wiggle would suit either M or L. Looking at yours not sure how much seatpost would be showing if i went L and the stem would make it a very long reach fo me i think. If you get a chance could you measure the seat tube for me from BB to the top (not to the centre of the TT). I know that my current bike measures 650mm from the BB to the top of the seatpost (530 from BB to top of seat tube) and this may help making my desision. Could still go L but need a 90mm stem.

goddi8
    Free Member

@silentsparky
    Which mudguads are you using? I cannot get my SKS Bluemels fitted with the original tyres

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice bike, doubly so for that price.

ska-49
    Free Member

Looks really nice! Good choice.

(What do you guys think of using this to do a little touring? Add a rack and it should be okay, right? Will be cycling to Germany in May.)

martymac

@solboy
    im 5′ 10” too, ive got a medium and i dont have the seat up a long way really, i reckon a large might be too big.
    im 30.5” inside leg if that helps.
    torratec mudguards fit, with room for 32mm conti gatorskins.
    this would be a good bike for a light tour, it has reasonably low gearing, decent brakes and is comfy.
    OP sorry for hijacking your thread buddy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New bike pics – Charge Filter Apex’ is closed to new replies.