Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike pics
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

Been commuting since January when my car broke down, got on ok with being thrown in at the deep end (28 miles a day for a couple of weeks).

Our company offer £1,080 per year if you don’t use a parking space, so I gave up my space to make me continue riding and use the cash as a bike fund. Some days I do the full 14 miles each way, other days 3 miles (drive & ride the last few), 5 days a week full distance is too much at the moment and was killing my weekend riding fun.

Anyway treated myself to an upgrade from the secondhand Carrera Subway to a Focus Mares CX. First ride in this moring was 12 minutes quicker and easier on the legs and that was with stopping to take a few pictures….

neilforrow

nice bike, and a nice ride into work, cant see why there arnt more incentives to get people on bikes…

hats off to your employer…

but… flat pedal fail. 😀 and logo / tyre combo.

stumpy01

Looks nice, that….I think if i was in the market for a road oriented bike, I’d be getting a CX type jobby.

Surprised it’s 12 mins quicker over 14 miles.

Going out for a road ride with a mate after work tomorrow. He’ll be on his road bike & I’ll be on my Inbred (with slicks). Should be amusing (for him)…..

wwaswas

rear light should be vertical as well 😉

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve got a boardman cx that i use for my 12 mile (each way) commute. I too can’t manage 5 days becuase it knackers night riding and weekend riding. Handy to have there though when the myb is ‘off the road’ as you can keep riding and keep the fitness up by supplementing it with commuting miles.

Nice bike by the way, think i prefer that to my boardman 🙄

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll sort a better pedal footwear combo out soon, but can get away with Van type shoes at work, hence the flat pedals at the moment.

I was surprised about the time difference too, the CX seems to just freewheel so much better. The Carerra had seen a fair bit of use and didn’t roll too well dispite having slicks, hubs???

I did wonder about the rear light, went with the wider hope you see my approach, but I guess vertical would be more aerodynamic….

Mister-P
    Free Member

rear light should be vertical as well

How do people have them horizontal without them catching on their thighs? And I don’t even have big thighs.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Hats off to your company – most impressive attitude to reduce co2 footprint.
    Like the bike, a lot.

Nice route to work too.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice bike that, going for the full commuter look with mudguards?

stumpy01

Mister P – Member
    rear light should be vertical as well

How do people have them horizontal without them catching on their thighs? And I don’t even have big thighs

I’ve got the Cateye light similar to that one. With regards to horiz/vertical – I think they can be seen from a wider angle when situated horizontally. The LEDs (in the Cateye, at least) are angled in an arc, so when it’s positioned horizontally that arc is also in a horizontal plane spreading out around the back of the bike. When it’s positioned vertically that arc is in a vertical plane, where I doubt it is as much use.
    In reality it might make little or no difference, but to me it just seems the ‘right’ way to orientate it.

The cateye one does catch my thighs slightly, but it doesn’t really bother me. Moving it down a bit should help.

The-Beard

Ah, nice. I have the 105 version for commuting and CX duties, they’re ace bikes, really nice handling. Do you get insane fork judder when braking on the front? If it had 2 cage mounts I’d proclaim it perfect.

sv

Lovely bike.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Do you get insane fork judder when braking on the front?

This can be solved by changing from cantis to mini V brakes.

ourmaninthenorth

This can be solved by changing from cantis to mini V brakes

Or revisiting canti set-up, including straddle wire height. Or by fitting a fork-mounted hanger.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike pics’ is closed to new replies.