Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike or new hifi???
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I already have a nice bike. I already have a nice hifi.

But really fancy a 29er and really fancy some AVI ADM9T to replace my separates.

I can’t have both.

Which should I buy?

matt_outandabout

Bike = pedal and get slimmer and fitter.
    Stereo = sit and get fat.

vorlich
    Free Member

Well, given I already have both, I’ll probably remain the same weight. 😉

This is purely theoretical at this point, I have a new bathroom to pay for, some sort of foreign holiday that I’ve been promising the OH for years to book, too.

I reckon if I book the holiday first I can maybe evade her wrath.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buy her a new hi fi, and yourself a new bike.

Sorted. 😉

nicko74

But really fancy a 29er

Well there’s your problem right there. Cut out that weird fetish and you’ll have cash left over for the hifi. Bonus!

flip
    Free Member

If you buy a turbo trainer you can ride your old bike and listen to your old hifi 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clicky!

😉

Bregante

Have you also posed this question on audiobanter.com (or equivalent). If not, there’s your answer. 😉

mboy
    Free Member

New bike will enrich your life better than new Hifi. Sadly, with a lot of music these days, you can’t even buy it in a format worthy of playing on anything remotely good, modern music is recorded and mastered to be played back on iPods and shitty car stereos… Unless you’re mixing and mastering yourself for your own listening pleasure, there’s little point in investing in anything decent! I know someone who produced a top 10 record (and this is 10 years ago) using nothing more than a pair of Sennheiser headphones to monitor and master the mix…

That said, holiday with the Mrs and a new bathroom will probably enrich your relationship FAR more than either a new bike or Hifi would!

porlus
    Free Member

Get the bike and search ebay for retro hifi gear on the cheap. Nad, arcam stuff etc. Job done ;O)

theflatboy
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

Have you also posed this question on audiobanter.com (or equivalent). If not, there’s your answer.

Eight-trackworld?

porlus
    Free Member

boom tish

dogbert
    Free Member

I already have a nice bike. I already have a nice hifi.

But really fancy a 29er and really fancy some AVI ADM9T to replace my separates.

I can’t have both.

Which should I buy?

vorlich
    Free Member

Already running Arcam kit, but looking for the simplicity of some active speakers instead.

I think Flashheart might be onto something… 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike or new hifi???’ is closed to new replies.