Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike on it's way, Recommend me a ground anchor and lock.
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a new bike, I’ll be getting it next month. I think i need to improve security in my garage so was thinking of fitting a ground anchor to chain it down to. What’s your recommendations. It’s a concrete floor, so I was looking for something to bolt into that.

sam_underhill

Chains and ground anchors from these guys. I’ve bought from them before and they are great to deal with.
    http://securityforbikes.com/security-chains.php

bails

http://securityforbikes.com/torc-ground-anchor.php
    That’s solid, I fit mine with a combi drill.

It’s paired with their chains (16mm I think, bigger would be hard to thread through the frame without bashing it) and padlocks.

Edit: I cross posted with the poster above, and yes, they are very good to deal with. They actually talked me out of spending more money by suggesting a different combo of chains and locks that would work.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

get a sheffield hoop and some shear bolts, that way you can lean the bike on it rather than the wall or whatever. or vary where you lock the bike up.

smogmonster

I have the Abus WBA100 Ground anchor..its Gold rated Sold Secure. It took about 10 minutes to install and make no mistake, its a total beast. Nothing short of an angle grinder is getting through it. I also use Abus 540 Granit D locks, also Sold Secure Gold to attach the Kickr and attached bike to it. My other bikes are kept in an Asgard Secure Shed, all locked together with 3 more Abus 540s. Not that im paranoid or anything. Its all alarmed as well. Oh yes and the Nest cam covering the whole lot tells me if anyone even approaches. I live in a village, not the centre of London…. 😯 😯

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

thanks. security for bikes looks like the way to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bike on it's way, Recommend me a ground anchor and lock.’ is closed to new replies.