Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New Bike (Nicolai 29er HT)
  • IanMmmm
    Free Member

2nd of my new Nicolai bikes. This one is a 29er. Finishing components ported from a 2009 Trek 8000 for now. Obviously a new frame (Nicolai Argon CC 29er), wheels (ZTR Arch on Hope Pro 2) and forks (Fox F29 100 RLC QR15), plus a new E.13/Hive crankset. Set up 1×9 for now.

More pictures at http://goo.gl/dRCvh

singlespeedstu

Nice. 8)

sofaking
    Free Member

looks nice, but head angle looks very steep ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flatfish
    Free Member

There’s no escutcheon over the key hole.
    Nice nicolai btw.

RealMan
    Free Member

What length is that stem??

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I knew the stem would get a comment. 110mm. Probably going to swap for something shorter, but I want to ride it before I go changing it just because it looks long.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Very nice,Is that Kawa green?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Oh, the head angle measures at 71 degrees, which is one degree less than the 26 inch version of this frame, presumably to correct the handling for the larger wheels. I’ll give you a handing report tomorrow after I’ve ridden it.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Yep. It’s kawa Green. Options are: extra bottle mounts and fitting for rear rack for touring, which you can see bolted on under the seat stay yoke. It also has bolt holes for the rear rack machined inside the dropout holder.

RealMan
    Free Member

Needs a white seat post.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Do you know anyone that manufactures a white seatpost that’s light? I tried to find one, but I can’t seem to.

tazzymtb

pro Vibe 7S 185g

M6TTF
    Free Member

that’s a lovely looking bike – wallet raping or within reason if you don’t mind me asking?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

The frame is 1200 quid list price. The rest you can work out from your preferred source for components 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

scratch that – just found the RRP, sadly out of my price range for a frame! beautiful bike though

tang
    Free Member

great colour, another pic of the stays please.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

@sofaking – doing some research (on Niner bikes website), they say it’s common for 29ers to be 1-2 degrees steeper in the head angle to offset the increase in trail from the larger wheels. This corrects the handling and keeps it in line with what you’d expect from a bike with 26 inch wheels. The Niners are a degree steeper still at 72 degrees.

partyboy
    Free Member

That is really nice but £1200 for an aluminium frame 😯

IanB
    Free Member

flatfish – Member
    There’s no escutcheon over the key hole.

Trust you to spot that 😉

Nice bike btw. Always fancied a 26″ Argon, but that looks nice.
    Good job the wheelbase isn’t any longer, or you wouldn’t have got it in that gap.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Hand welded in Germany… They didn’t get to be the fourth largest economy in the world by doing stuff for cheap you know.

tang
    Free Member

my niner is 72, great ride. 71 will be spot on. i reckon knock 20mm off the stem.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

It looks nice, although it does look a little like it has been ridden hard into a wall- perhaps something to do with the camera?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

@tang – what exactly are you looking for photo of? Happy to oblige.

tang
    Free Member

would love to see the dropouts and the stays/clearance join with the seat tube. whats the length on the chainstay?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Lovely, I was going to get a nic ht to complitment my two nic fs, but this morning i took my new ibis tranny out for its first proper maiden voyage

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Bike (Nicolai 29er HT)’ is closed to new replies.