Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New bike: Le Froggy est arrivé
  • chakaping
    Free Member

After months of waiting it's finally arrived.

Almost ready to ride now, just need to tinker with the gears a bit. Can't wait to get off and do an uplift or get a dry enough spell to head over to Aston Hill.

In case anyone wondered, it's the 2010 318, but with a coil Totem, SLX double and E13 bash…

stcolin
    Free Member

That is one sweet looking bike man.

Health to ride.

Col

AndyPaice
    Free Member

looks nice ! You get frame only or full bike?

seems a little strange that the sag indicator only goes up to 25% for a bike that should be run at 30 to 35% sag ? can you mark it uo yourself by measuring it?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

tasty to extreme rad maxxxxx innit.

slowrider
    Free Member

snice!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

chunky & phunky. Lucky man!
    Love the graphics

Jenga
    Free Member

Why are the forks being held together with rubber bands?

afrothunder88

That, sir, is one sweet looking bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

looks nice ! You get frame only or full bike?

seems a little strange that the sag indicator only goes up to 25% for a bike that should be run at 30 to 35% sag ? can you mark it uo yourself by measuring it?

Full bike.

I thought same about sag indicator. Must admit to not reading manual yet to see what sag LP recommend. Maybe they get the same label printed for all their FS bikes or something?

Think it sags to around 30% with me on board anyway (more with my kit) so feels about right.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why are the forks being held together with rubber bands?

That's from where I ran over a postman.

Ta for nice comments, nobody got anything to say about my fence, patio or garden though?

Rickos
    Free Member

What does one of those weigh in at?

chakaping
    Free Member

What does one of those weigh in at?

Erm, I'd say "quite heavy but not too heavy".

If I had to guess I'd say 38 or 39lbs.

Probably 40lbs when I add dual ply tyres and DH tubes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can't believe no one has commented on the appaling state of that garden as yet! So I shall.

Sort that out. Shocking.

Rickos
    Free Member

Erm, I'd say "quite heavy but not too heavy".

If I had to guess I'd say 38 or 39lbs.

Probably 40lbs when I add dual ply tyres and DH tubes.

I don't quite get bikes like that. With a granny ring, I mean. DH bikes are that sort of weight these days and the only reason to have a granny ring is to climb some hills, but if you're going to climb hills why take such a huge travel bike that weighs the same as a DH bike? For me I'd either uplift/push up (so no need for a granny ring) or take a lighter 6 inch travel bike out if any climbs back to the top were needed.

Mind you, I ride a 4 inch travel 4X bike on my uplift days, so maybe it's just me.

freeridenick
    Free Member

That is going to get you in a whole heap of trouble 😛

eckinspain
    Free Member

I don't have the balls to even look at that bike never mind ride it 😥

GaryLake
    Free Member

Lovely bike and they ride well! RE the granny ring, They are surprisingly good climbers. I whipped past a couple of middle aged wheeze bags on ASRs and Top Fuels at an Afan Demo day.

However, from a design point of view, the upward kink in the top tube is bothering my somwewhat – I assume that it's to clear the shock at full travel? Ruins the lines of the bike a bit…

Mind you, coming from a Five owner I should probably STFU and move along 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

That is going to get you in a whole heap of trouble

Don't get me wrong, it looks ace, I just wouldn't want to haul it round on a regular ride in the UK.

nasher
    Free Member

nice bike stace…

still waiting for my 518 tho 🙁

Houns

Nicest bike posted on here in a while

chakaping
    Free Member

Rickos – Well, I took a single-ring Big Hit to the Alps last summer and found the lack of a granny ring was really limiting when riding between the resorts.

And although it might be possible to get a DH bike at a similar weight to this, I expect I'll also be taking this to places like Aston Hill and Chicksands – where the ability to ride up a bit will be really useful.

I can't hope to do this bike justice at the moment, but I think it fits the sort of riding I want to do better than a full-on DH chopper.

Rickos
    Free Member

I can see its uses on high level traverses in the Alps and if you ride Chicky and Aston doing laps then fair enough.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

very nice indeed

mildred

I do love these bikes, they always looks so "right".

It's a bit of a statement to say a bike should be running 30 – 35% sag. Why should it?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying you're wrong, but surely different suspension designs have different characteristics built into them, all of which can be effected by the spring rate, leverage ratio, intended use, type of shock. So perhaps lapierre (having designed the thing) think 25% is correct?

Compare the Lapierre's suspension configuration with the old giant NRS (particularly chainstay pivot placement) – They're virtually identical, but the giant was designed to have 0% sag, so how can 25% be wrong?:

grumm
    Free Member

That's one sweet looking bike. Looks very 'purposeful'.

Should get an adjustable seatpost if riding it up hills though imo. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

That's what Nasher was saying the other day Grum.

It's on my list but bit skint after buying this.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I'd be surprised if it's as heavy as 40lbs. A guest had one last year and it felt pretty light (about the same as my Alpine 160 – which admittedly has coil both ends and massive tyres!).

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think 38 is a bout right actually.

I rode the top end one with Fox Floats and that was around 36.

vikingboy
    Free Member

looks awesome! I just built a spicy up and its one hell of a ride. Enjoy – perhaps see you at Aston sometime.

nasher
    Free Member

mine weighs 38 pounds with 2.5 dual wall tyres and marzocchi 66 forks and a KS900 post.

looking at getting lighter wheel for it though

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New bike: Le Froggy est arrivé’ is closed to new replies.