Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • New bike: Kinesis Sync
  • hummerlicious
    Free Member

Retired my FF29 today and picked up a new Sync frame, it’s lush! Trying it on the dirt tomorrow…

Kinesis Maxlight Sync Ti 29er by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

fathomer

Looks fantastic!

Vortexracing

That is nice, what size is it?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Thanks, I got a medium / 17.5″

peteimpreza

You seem to be showing a lot of seat post , or is that the photo distorting things?

Would a large have been a better fit for you?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve got long legs, I prefer medium to a large, just suits the way I ride a little better.

mboy
    Free Member

That is lovely, and I want it badly!

Any more info on the finished geometry on these? I know they said they were going to make it slightly slacker than the FF29, but has that happened?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yeah, head angle a degree slacker, chainstays a tad shorter, 142 x 12 rear axle

steve_b77
    Free Member

That’s proper nice

drapper
    Free Member

Gorgeous! Nice clean lines and geo looks bang on!

craigxxl
    Free Member

That’s the first 29er I like. It’s a fantastic looking bike. I hope it’s as pleasing to ride as it is to view.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That is nice, really wish I’d waited for one now…

matther01
    Free Member

Very, very nice…minus points for those green grips tho.

Jesus you must have legs like stilts!

Do they do a small for us wee folks?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Aren’t Kinesis turning out some nice kit at the moment? Picking up my Tripster ATR f&f at the weekend and can’t wait… your post has hardly helped matters! 8)

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

A slight aside to the pretty bike but, green stans decals?!?!

somafunk

hummerlicious : very nice indeed – looks proper!.

gonetothehills : you won’t be disappointed with it, mine arrived in the shop yesterday and has been getting many an “Oooh & Ahh” from peeps today but i’ve not had time/parts to fully build it up yet as the build kit supplied had the wrong seatpost and front mech (build kit for the alloy tripster) but not to worry as it’ll be my friday afternoon job to finish it off, here’s a bad pic of how it looks at the moment.

It’s very light…… 😀

timc
    Free Member

very very nice except the grips 😥

hummerlicious
    Free Member

All the kit was on a green FF29, hence the green grips, a couple of green anodised bits and the green stans rim decals.

@gonetothehills I love the Tripster ATR, I had a good look at it yesterday, I’d love one of them too.

@matther01 they do a small version with 650b wheels for the vertically challenged

@somafunk that looks lush

robbonzo
    Free Member

Kinesis are making some gorgeous bikes. Love both the sync and tripster. enjoy!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

i think the green grips look good. Keep them.

frepster
    Free Member

What fork is that and where did you get it?

Bike looks mint, very nice.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

How does the standover compare to the FF29 by the way?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

@frepster that’s the X Fusion slide 29, most LBS can get them

@IvanDobski I guess there is a bit more standover, but as mentioned above I am ‘crazylegs crane’ so it’s not an issue for me anyway

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve just cut the bars down and fitted black grips, off out to christen it now 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just ordered my Kinesis SYNC full build – can’t wait!

rewski
    Free Member

Mine is being built this week, hopefully ready for this weekend’s dusty trails, very very excited.

foxyrider
    Free Member

It’s a gorgeous looking bike – I’ve got the kit and building it myself for my blog #extatic 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

@ hummerlicious – ride report later please 😀

KevinPP
    Free Member

That is probably the most beautiful looking 29er frame I have ever seen. The other pics on your Flickr page really show the detailing. Awesome. Far too nice to rag about trying to get your KoM’s back… 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Immensely jealous of all of you guys ordering them right now! Hopefully in a few months they’ve still got a few left in medium for me to get my hands on one…

rewski
    Free Member

Someones custom sync build is ready, I hope to god it’s my one because it’s shockingly beautiful, more images here:

https://twitter.com/Kinesis_UK

somafunk

That is the utter dogs-bollox, it’d match my tripster very nicely 😉 , but i’m a shortarse so i’ll stick to my 26″ (for now anyway). Personally i’d lose the rim and fork stickers but that’s just me although i do like the subtle frame graphics – less is most definitely more.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m sure it rides amazingly but I just couldn’t live with those bent “been in an RTA” tubes 🙁

TheGingerOne

I would be tempted if they had used a proper bottom bracket, but with a press-fit I’m out. Another almost perfect bike off the list for me 🙁

Edit: And I object to fixing the issue with a converter!!

DomMason
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg: DT needs to be curved to give big wheel/long fork crown clearance. TT has slight curve because I feel it adds a little ping and life into the ride. There really isn’t anything that hasn’t been done for a performance reason on this frame. But yes, if straight, round tubes are your priority then the SYNC isn’t for you.

DomMason
    Free Member

TheGingerOne: A shame to reject an ‘almost perfect’ bike because of the BB shell. BB30 I would agree is not good, but PF30 works very well, we have tested loads of p.types before settling on this BB std. for production.
    Also, many riders want to run SS and PF30 allows you to use an FSA eccentric BB adapter, allowing you to run SS without a tensioner.
    The large BB shell also gives us a large area to weld onto.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just got mine today – it’s very nice – build pics will be posted 🙂

Thx Dom for designing a super looking frame – can’t wait to get it built up this weekend!

bearGrease

That looks great. I’m in the market for a 29er, any idea on the full build price?

DomMason
    Free Member

bearGrease: Our full build with same kit as FF29 here > http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/maxlight/ff29 will be £2999.99 [keep the change].
    The custom build that I posted pics of is more like £4000 I think.
    Small size is 650b, med and lrg are 29″.

bearGrease

Thanks Dom. Is a bit over my (arbitrary) budget limit but that seems to be the natural way of things. Will drool over the pics a bit more and see if I can persuade myself to up the limit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New bike: Kinesis Sync’ is closed to new replies.