Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Bike issue's
  • hainman
    Free Member

Where do you stand with a bike that has been in the shop more than its been out o the trails with the same issue/fault which seems to be a common one on this issue,The bike is a mates and he’s beginning to lose patience and trust in both the bike and the seller,They have “fixed the fault” 4 times i think now,Surely they must be obliged to offer either a replacement frame/bike or his money back.would it be worth involving trading standards or whoever can help him fight his case

seems the years model of bike he has has had many owners suffering the same fault,bushings that are lasting weeks on the i-drive on a 2015 GT sanction,

cheers

hainman
    Free Member

Bump

legend
    Free Member

I’ve got a mate who ran the same bike with no issues at all in New Zealand, brought it here for a while and it chewed its bushes exactly like you describe. I believe it’s back to being fine again now it’s back in nicer weather.

I would think that this is a point where ‘fit for purpose’ starts to apply, although I would also be learning to swap them myself so I don’t have to lose the bike for a while every time

hainman
    Free Member

I think the fit for purpose is his argument
    They said one of the times it was away being fixed they would swap the frame but that never materialised so it was “fixed” had 3 rides on it and bushes were gubbed again,they keep BS’ing him and now say the parts needed won’t be available till January
    The time before he waited 2 months for parts,time before that the Bike shop mechanic he had look at it said they had put the i drive together with the wrong bolts
    Pinkbike has a thread a mile long about this years bike and the issue

tjagain

A decent summary of your rights here. Waiting until January for parts is not acceptable. Read thru this to see what his options are. under the new legislation A full refund has to be claimed within 30 days, after that its a partial refund.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

mattyfez

I believe the partial refund is based on they’ve had x days enjoyment of the product, so if it’s spent lots of time in for repair could this be taken into consideration?

tjagain

Oh indeed matty. Assuming he has had it 6 months and it has been out of use for 5 of them then he has only had 1 months use – and the expected life? 5 years? so in that instance he would be entitled to 59 / 60 of the cost to buy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Bike issue's’ is closed to new replies.