Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Bike dilemma..Santa Cruz Nomad or Pivot Firebird?
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Now these type of posts usually throw up some interesting POVs.. 😉

I need a bike which will be able to handle Whistlers finest yet still not be a pig to pedal..

I am NOT looking for an all out DH bike so try & stay on topic & keep it to comparable bikes to the 2 mentioned.

I am looking at either a SC Nomad or a Pivot Firebird. I know how VPP pedals & DW too..I find DW to be better for the more DH side of things but VPP better for XC style riding.

Theres precious little between the 2 bikes in terms of geometry & weight, the FB is slightly longer & slightly heavier so Im thinking its going to be a more stable bike DH wise. The Nomad will have the edge when it comes to XC style riding & will possible be a little more playful.

Im leaning towards the Firebird..

Thoughts on a postcard.

GW
    Free Member

what about an intense SS? or towards the other end of the price range Giant Reign/Faith?

<EDIT> just reminded myself what the firebird looks like, is fugliness not a factor?

and thinking about that seat tube, are wanting to fit a long post and QR or buy 2 seat posts (a slammed one for whistler), or fit a dropper? – first option requires a decent length seat tube

mrlebowski
    Free Member

tFB might be something only a mother could love but Im a fan of DW…so I can forgive its fugliness!

A dropper would be fitted as standard.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Xcuse bump but anyone else got any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Bike dilemma..Santa Cruz Nomad or Pivot Firebird?’ is closed to new replies.