• This topic has 30 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New bike dent
  • sbcoach
    Free Member

I have a brand new 2012 Enduro Comp, i noticed a dent in the chain stay near the drop out. I havent ridden the bike yet and the paint isnt damaged , so this must have happened at the factory before paint.

Is it worth bothering with? (the dent is just above the S 🙂

I know its not massive, but its a brand new bike (the cassette is not clean as the wheels are from another bike)

mrplow
    Free Member

Worthless now :(…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Take it back to where you got it from

matt_outandabout

I can give you £1.78 and a packet of fruit gums….

(Take it back)

forge197
    Free Member

I would have a word from where it came from, personally I wouldnt accept it or would a least want to come to an arrangement.

tang
    Free Member

As frustrating as it is(new bike ride excitement), I’d take it back.

nuke

Can’t really make it out myself, even after clicking pic for the bigger photo. However, if it’s brand new, it should arrive in perfect condition…it’s for you to bend/break/scratch/dent, not them, and on that basis I’d be having a chat with the shop.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they say its brand new it should be brand new..would i have bought it like that for a discount? Possibly but it I would be corss to find it if i paid full price

scaredypants

saw recently on here that somebody said spesh don’t warranty rear sus assemblies – if so I’d deffo get it back to the shop

skiboy
    Free Member

I bought a Cotic soul from cy a few years back , it had a small dent in the seat tube , It went back , cy was great and returned another frame straight away, it was most likely done in the early stages after the tube was cut because I couldn’t see any way of putting the dent in after welding , these things happen , just take it back, you will regret it if you don’t because you will constantly lOOk at it

Northwind

Hell yeah, get it replaced. And don’t tolerate slow responses either or talks of warranty checks, you’re not warrantying it, you’re rejecting it.

If I did that to a bike myself, I’d be annoyed but there’s no way I’d accept it in a new one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, looks like the dent probbly occurred in manufacture, IE the goods aren’t in perfect condition, and probbly shoon’t have made it through quality control, whatever that means in a massive factory churning out thousands of frames a day.

For that sort of money you want it perfect. Tek it back, kick up a right fuss, and you never know you might even get something as an apology. As well as a perfect new bike.

bigyinn
    Free Member

No need to kick off unless they start mucking you about.

bommer
    Free Member

can’t see why Spesh wouldn’t sort that out, check with the shop after Chrimbo

@Scardeypants Standard warranty is 2 years on suspension bits (stays,rockers etc) lifetime on mainframe. The 2 years bit is fairly fluid, too…

nuke

I bought a Cotic soul from cy a few years back , it had a small dent in the seat tube

Few years back I bought a new Soul and it came with a small hole in the chainstay weld. Went back, they didn’t have anymore in stock and I never got a Soul 🙁

carlos
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    saw recently on here that somebody said spesh don’t warranty rear sus assemblies – if so I’d deffo get it back to the shop

My mate had a new rear end on his Spesh where the front mech cable had rubbed on the BB where it exits. Sort of developed what looked like a crack, he took it back and within a week it was all sorted, foc by Spesh

martinxyz
    Free Member

You should sell your soul.

wallop

My Soul has a massive dent in the chainstay where one of its previous owners stacked it on something. It adds character.

seosamh77
    Free Member

poof.

Reluctant
    Free Member

It wouldn’t worry me; hardly visible, not an issue structurally – I’d just get out and enjoy the new bike.

nosedive
    Free Member

enduros are expensive, I think you have the right to expect it to be perfect when you get it. Maybe they could give you a new stay to keep as a spare until you have the frame bearings changed for the first time, that would be a bonus for you and a cheaper fix for the manufacturer \ shop than replacing the whole bike

willfaz
    Free Member

Whoever sold it to you may well be very tight! For example, how can you prove you didn’t do it when putting it in the car? or you stacked it on your front drive and it fell over.

However, you are covered under DSR (though im not sure if this works as the goods are damaged), it’s worth a shot.

chakaping
    Free Member

Tek it back, kick up a right fuss,

🙄

Or on the other hand, be civil and reasonable and perhaps the staff will be more inclined to get on your side.

mrplow
    Free Member

Given what enduros are capable of I really wouldn’t bother about it. A slight imperfection, the paint is not even damaged. First time you try pushing the bike past it’s ability and fail it will look a lot worse anyway – my enduro does!.

Northwind

Did you buy it online? You’ve got the right of rejection if you did, regardless of whether or not it’s dented.

This really shouldn’t be a case of having to get the staff on-side… Should go without saying that you should be reasonable and polite, not as part of a tactic but just because that’s what you do if you’re not a knob… but with a brand new unused bike there shouldn’t be any need to persuade them to do the right thing.

chakaping
    Free Member

shouldn’t be a case of having to get the staff on-side

Things don’t always work how they “should” in the real world.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s a mountain bike, for riding in dirt and mud and rocky stuff. Get it ridden and stop being a bloody blouse.

Dent? My arse. I’ve put bigger dents in toilet seats.

taxi25
    Free Member

You did well to notise that, unless it looks much more obvious in real life. I’d never have spotted that, and if I did I wouldn’t worry about it. If it were mine it would be well ridden by now with a few marks already 😀

amplebrew

If it was me, I’d speak to the shop to see if they can change the stay.

It’s a brand new bike so I think it’s perfectly reasonable that you should expect it to be blemish free.

It would just annoy me, but then I am a bit OCD.

Having said all that, I would first go and look at a few other 2012 Enduro’s and see if it’s possibly something that they all have.

coogan
    Free Member

That’s a dent? It’s barely a wee mark. I’d not bother about that personally based on the picture. But just go speak to them so see what they say if it’s annoying you.

br
    Free Member

tbh Surely you checked and signed for it in the shop – or did you buy online?

But then since you’ve put a different set of wheels in, could it have been damaged by you?

Either way, its an MTB, if its not scratched/damaged before use it will be after 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘New bike dent’ is closed to new replies.