Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New bike day Orbea content
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Just took delivery of my Orbea Oiz, bought as a day to day general XC ride replacing my hardtail. Rather like the Mint colour personally.

jamj1974

Lovely looking bike! Bit jealous!

cokie

Very nice. Love Orbeas!

(Also, what car is that? Love the rear door handle & indent shape. Can’t work out what it is though)

NormalMan

Very nice.
    Enjoy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice valve caps.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Cokie….it’s an Alfa 159 Ti Sportwagon

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Saddle looks similar to the very uncomfortable, cheap, heavy saddle that comes with various Euro brands, ditch it, apart from that looks mint…

Kryton57

Love that.

Ive been looking at these trying to decide whether I’d prefer this or a Scott Spark for Marathon duties. It mainly comes to the HA. Currently my Anthem has 70 degrees and my race HT 68.5 and i can tell the difference – i prefer the latter.

Promised myself i wouldnt be buying until this time next year though!

neill070
    Free Member

well not.just.me.who has same valve caps,on my orbea occam…sim colourway to mine.nice

Daffy

Very nice. If you do strip the saddle, I could be interested.

core

Nice, perfect marathon type bike that.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Have an Occam TR 2018 on order.. Looking forward to it.
    Nice looking bike that
    I looked at one but wanted slacker HA and more trail/xc for me

Poopscoop

Wow, nice looking bike mate!

rOcKeTdOg

I want a terra, the orbea custom options are awesome

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Racey!

Oh and pointing looks tired

bigbloke
    Free Member

Pointings been on my list for…..years 😳

It suits what I bought it for to replace a hardtail, be ideal on local XC, bridleways and all days bike. I have a Hightower that does the longer travel slack angled stuff.

I must say the build quality on the Orbea is nice, I opted for the xt brake upgrade when ordering included ice tech rotors for less than the cost of calipers set from the usual discount stores.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cool bikes, I wish our trails let me have something that XC. Did you get it delivered in the box? Those boxes are a work of art.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Doug_basque….it got delivered in a box but not the Orbea box as far as I can tell. Why is the Orbea box different?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lovely.

I really didn’t think anyone bought XC race bikes any more…

Me likes.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’d love one of those. Make a good stable mate to my Occam Tr. looks good in that colour.

Kryton57

Any weigh an Occam TR? Strikes me it could make a decent trail / marathon 29er

bigbloke
    Free Member

Well took it out for 38 miles this morning. It’s quick very quick, very sharp and precise. Flipped over stem puts you in a race position but not too extreme. The suspension is awesome left it in open most of the ride and didn’t feel the need to change it to firm except on a climb or two, the tune seems spot on.

Wheels and tyres were faultless (setup tubeless came already taped). Cables rattle a bit in the entry points but I am going to pop some rubber stuff round them. Everything ran spot on no issues. Did find one weak point though……me 😉

It is very much a XC machine but would definitely do all dayers and a little bit of fun trails too…. Bottle permitting.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Heard that the Top of the range TR is about 26lbs

doug_basqueMTB.com

@bigbloke the Orbea boxes are amazing. Everything is held in place and organized inside. I love unboxing them.

I have a medium Occam AM, top of the range, and it’s just a shade over 24lbs with pedals. Measured on my hanging scales.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New bike day Orbea content’ is closed to new replies.