Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New bike day ;) Leaping the stanadards game
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well it’s new bike day down here in Tassie, my first venture into direct selling, boost and owning 650b.
    So here it is, took a while to pick the best bit weeds to include
    of
    Commencal Meta AM V4.2

Base model bike so out of the box, bars & stem got replaced by my Thomson kit, SRAM Level brakes off swapped for the Hope E4’s , the rear needs a shorten and fed through the frame then and the Reverb is ready to go on. Need to get the tubes out and check the wheels go tubeless and I’m off.

Hopefully the niggling hip pain sorts itself out and I can get a proper test ride in tomorrow.

Thoughts of GX Eagle to finish it off later in the year.

geoffj

Nice that.
    I’m guessing the jaunty angle of the saddl and how slack it looks is just down to photographic cack-handidness?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Saddle not adjusted 😉 need to shim the reverb and that box is in the office still.

Ground and everything else in the pic slopes in about 3 different directions

Stock pic

nickfrog
    Free Member

Looking good – I can’t help thinking it might have been cheaper to buy the frame and build it up if most bits were to get swapped ?

oink1
    Free Member

Tidy that 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No way, the Frames are 2000$Au (1200 pounds) and have to come from the EU, the complete bike was 3300$Au (2000 pounds) I’ll probably move the NX cassette, mech and shifter over to the XC bike if I get the GX eagle.
    It basically means I can get rolling now and then over a few months pick up the upgrades as I go.

blader1611
    Free Member

Nice bike that but not a fan of the purple bits.

vincienup
    Free Member

Yep I can see the logic of a base model for those sort of plans. Nice bike!

I’m toying with the idea of GX Eagle for a bike later this year. Those purple Hopes on the yellow are a bit shocking! 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

Nice bike…is stanadards an Aussie word? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Should be upside down, really.

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1AQaXUCboQ[/video]

AlexSimon

You seem to have chosen a part of Australia that looks exactly like a British school playground.

chopchop
    Free Member

Nice colour frame that.
    Watch out for the cable rub on the chain stay just after the cables emerge from the downtube, assuming they haven’t made any changes from the v4. Without some protection you’ll have large gouges in no time.

nickfrog
    Free Member

No way, the Frames are 2000$Au (1200 pounds) and have to come from the EU, the complete bike was 3300$Au (2000 pounds)

Understood – didn’t realise where you were – I think Commencal have buffer stock in HK for Aus so that would make sense rather than importing from Europe and paying the duty and logistics costs twice.

In Europe, the frame only solution is usually cheaper if you want custom bits.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New bike day ;) Leaping the stanadards game’ is closed to new replies.