Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New bike day
  • mcnultycop

This eventually arrived from CRC (in 6 days, exactly when they said it would to be fair to them). I’ve reconciled the fleet recently, selling my Canyon FS and also my Vitus Vee and as much as I love my Charge Cooker Maxi fat bike, I needed more of a proper MTB and fancied a plus bike.

After a bit of digging, spec comparing and asking daft questions I arrived at this. Obviously I’d not tested one but the figures looked right. Slack enough and ealtively long. I went for the largest size they do to get the reach; I was worried about the dropper length with the seat tube as I only have short legs but it feels right, although the saddle is not comfortable at all. I’m going to put 165mm cranks on but otherwise nothing else needs changing.

I’ve done a local loop and it felt great. Not sure what pressure is in the tyres but CRC shipped them rock hard so I just stopped and kept reducing them until they felt right. Fox Rhythm fork seems spot on, supports my 120kg well enough and i tested it on small drops, roots and some stairs and it ate them up. Nobby Nic Racing Ralph combo feels decent in 2.8 and gripped wet cobbles and roots as well as I’d have liked them to.

All in all I think I’m going to enjoy this one.

Ps sorry about the state of the wall. Bloody kids.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

That looks great! Love the graffiti shot, compliments the graphics on the frame…

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

tdog
    Free Member

Gotta say, I have been waiting for this to arrive and for pics to be posted.
    I reckon you got an absolute steal there and a decent sorted spec at that!

I just today took my new plus bike out running 2.8″ NNs both ends today and at 120KG too felt they did exceptionally better than other reviews give them credit for, I rode today over wet rocks / gritty sand type surface.

So are those rims 40mm external or internal and what psi you running as I settled on 18f and 20r just to be on safe side.

Also how heavy complete bike?
    :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Orange sticker still on the front disc.

Hang your head in shame.

mcnultycop

The rims are (and I’ve not measured them, based on CRC site) 40mm internal. I’m not sure what pressure I’ve got in; CRC sent them pumped up really hard and I set off riding with them that hard and kept reducing until they felt right. They could probably lose a few more psi but I’ll get the digital gauge on them soon and have a play over the next few weeks.

mcnultycop

Orange sticker is still on the rear too CFH, but the humongous cassette is hiding it.

I’ll get rid of them soon.

mcnultycop

Also tdog no idea how heavy it is; I don’t have scales. If I head to the LBS I’ll put it on his scales.

tdog
    Free Member

Yeah! Totally missed that part of your post
    😳

Well that seems fairly wide tbh, but yeah whatever, I’ll make do with my 38mm external ones 😆

tdog
    Free Member

Nice1 – purely out of interest like!
    😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll get rid of them soon.

Do it! Do it now!

😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New bike day’ is closed to new replies.