Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New bike! (Cotic BFe)
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Haven’t had a new bike for ages, so posting it up!

Actually, the only new bit is the frame, everything else (apart from the saddle) is from the parts box. It’s going to get a chain device ASAP, different wheels once I get around to putting the right rotors and tyres on my old Pro2/DT5.1 wheels and I’m going to have to swap the seatpost because it’s not long enough(!). An inch or two too short for a proper climbing position.

Had a quick spin last night and scared myself half to death. Haven’t ridden a hardtail or used SPDs in a very long time. That combined with brakes that need a bleed / setup / bedding-in was a bit sketchy! At least it’s easy to do wheelies on. Will offer my opinion properly once I get a bit more used to it.

One weird thing – couldn’t get the rear-mech setup right. Wouldn’t drop into the smallest sprocket. Ended up bodging it by putting a washer under the mech. Is this just down to the skinny steel dropouts?

Thanks to Mark at http://www.thebikechain.co.uk for helping me out with the frame.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Blue Bfe’s are the fastest “fact” the white forks look nicer than my fox 36s

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yeah, really like the way the white Lyrik looks. Trying to resist the urge to bling it up with a few more white bits!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Milkie
    Free Member

Hammer that Hardtail Stevo! I know I tried to on Week 15, not as hard as Lee though, he still has his calf wound bandaged up, stitches came out a week ago tho.

We’ll be back again next year, not sure if it will be with the Hardtails or Full Sussers… Had a blast on the Hardtails though! 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That will be ace on the trialsy bits of La Varda.
    Make use of the ISCG tabs too!

Looks good Steve. Toying with the idea of taking my DB Alfined Alpine out to the White Room.

toys19
    Free Member

Blue Bfe’s are the fastest “fact” the white forks look nicer than my fox 36s

So right, its wrong. In tests Gritstone ones outrun Blue ones every time.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Inaccurate again. The orange ones have been shown to be faster than gritstone and blue…and they have bigger penises.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The orage ones were the fastset, but not anymore since I’ve sold mine and bought a gritstone which makes those faster. Sorry!

rob2
    Free Member

you’ll all wrong. Espresso souls are the fastest, its got a bigger penis and woman’s bits and everything. 😮

reggiegasket
    Free Member

BFe and coil Lyriks here too. Love it.

Gritstone, so fairly fast. I suspect the orange ones may be faster…

ojom
    Free Member

Stu- might be booking up for next year myself. Just so i can be bike buddies with Steve

Although i could take a Ti Alpine and buddy up with you. It’s a hard choice.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

8)

stevomcd
    Free Member

No fighting now. We can ALL be bike buddies. :mrgreen:

elgee
    Free Member

Looking sooo sweet dude! Need some more pics! 😀 .

st

The mech hanger things seems to crop up a bit. I have the same problme with my BFe 9same version, same colour) and a mate has the same issue on an older Soul. Both cured with a washer between the mech and hanger after getting the hanger alignment checked.

snakebite
    Free Member

I think my Gritstone is gonna have some new Lyriks this week. Just fitted some cheap Icetech rotors this morning 😯

honourablegeorge

Tell me more about these cheap Icetech rotors

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks awesome.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I concur gritstone is actually faster…..

snakebite
    Free Member

Well, these Icetechs must be good, cos they certainly cost more than normal ones! There s some brand new Bontrager carbon low risers with my name on as well, 720 carbons in pure black…. look stunning!

mccett
    Free Member

stevo – what size frame is that… and how tall are you? Trying to decide between small and medium – i’m 5ft 10. Info appreciated, cheers… need something to stare at while busted ankle fixes itself 🙁

snakebite
    Free Member

5’10 and a medium here.

prezet
    Free Member

5’10 and a medium here.

5’11 and I run a small. Wanted more of a play bike feel though.

stevede
    Free Member

5’10 and have a small on order, downsizing from a medium for the same reasons as above.

mccett
    Free Member

stevede…. have you sold the medium??

prezet
    Free Member

@stevede – did the same, originally had a medium, and downsized. Didn’t regret it 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

5’8 (32″ inside leg), I have a small (Soul) with 90mm stem, personally I think anyone taller than me will need a layback post. I reckon I could happily ride a medium but haven’t tried one.

coogan
    Free Member

Well if chunky and markd are going I’m going!

Nice bike Stevo. Go ride it now. Okay… go.

portlyone

Don’t know where to start on that garden…

clanton
    Free Member

Don’t know where to start on that garden…

The view’s ok though!

stevede
    Free Member

mccett – not sold my medium yet, still riding it until friday, i have a mate with first dibs (not sure he’s that serious but promised him first dibs and waiting to hear back from him). It’s a rare orange one – the older and more expensive full 853 version, sad to see such a rare beast go but i do love the new gritstone version too.
    Prezet – sounds promising then mate 🙂

mccett
    Free Member

stevede – i have sent you an email. cheers.

tomlevell

5’10 and ride small Cotic’s

Medium would be too long when standing.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New bike! (Cotic BFe)’ is closed to new replies.