Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New bike content – Swift army knife :-)
  • letmetalktomark

Afternoon All,

Thought it about time to take some pics of my new (to me) Singular Swift.

Up until August I had been experimenting …. 29er wheels in 26” frames, 69ers, road bike wheels in mountain bike frames etc

Really like the idea of the 29” wheel but fancied a cross bike as well as a fat tyred beast oh and something I could sling slicks on for road work.

From the classifieds a large Swift frame and fork was purchased (cheers Will 😉 ) and I set to work on building up a bike that with a quick change of tyres could do a number of duties 🙂

So whist not to everyone’s taste I present my Swift Arm Knife:

Currently running 1×9 with a 36t ring up front and a 11-32 😕 cassette out back. Seems to give me a good enough range for what I need.

Have really fallen for the 32mm WTB tyres – cut through everything and are pretty grippy too.

The wheels let the bike down a bit as they are fairly heavy but with 17mm rims they allow for a 25mm tyre to be fitted for road duties and also upto a 2.2 tyre.

Bike has only been up and running a few weeks and apart from the need to change the seat post I think I am nearly there.

Thoughts?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Thoughts?

You’ve killed cycling dead. Thats it, its over, for everyone now, thanks to you 😡

letmetalktomark

anotherdeadhero – Member

You’ve killed cycling dead. Thats it, its over, for everyone now, thanks to you 😡

Eek!

Forgot to mention – A big thank you to Sam for all of his help too 8)

Eccles
    Free Member

I’m about to commit something similar, but with less gears and marginally wider tyres. And uglier handlebars. I approve.

kaiser
    Free Member

Is your lower headset cup seated properly?…just looks a bit wonky in the photo

geoffj

Nice hybrid 😉

letmetalktomark

kaiser – Member

Is your lower headset cup seated properly?…just looks a bit wonky in the photo

Hope so. For the first time in ages I had a shop fit this one 😳 off to the shed to check.

geoffj – Member

Nice hybrid

In its current guise it is.

Part of what I wanted 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ouch

IanMunro
    Free Member

Does the saddle really slope down by 30 deg?

letmetalktomark

IanMunro – Member

Does the saddle really slope down by 30 deg?

It does slope a little forward but not by that much …… I hope 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New bike content – Swift army knife :-)’ is closed to new replies.