Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New bike content… Giant Trance.!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Just finished building it up!!

Shite picture……….

Need to have a good ride on it tomorrow but just riding it up and down the road it feels very different to my old five spot.

I can feel straight away the steering is slower due to the slacker head angle which isnt a bad thing but will take getting used to.

Im quite happy in that I thought it had a funny size steerer on it being a giant but am happy to confirm it has a normal 1 1/8 top part of steerer so I can mess around with stem length.

Bars are to narrow for a start!

Comments welcome!

chojin
    Free Member

Very nice! Enjoy your new toy 🙂

Oh yeah, grass needs mowing etc.

Bregante

I reckon it’d look great with a nice fresh Kawasaki Green powder coat.

😉

renton
    Free Member

Now you mention it lol !!

Looking at it the picture is pretty crap to be honest !!

Will get a better one tomorrow

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Be cautious…..They ride like they have WAY more travel than they actually have!

Well worth looking at fitting a dropper (Giant’s own Contact is a great budget option) as they are superbly capable bikes!

Nice. I like.

DT78
    Free Member

So how much would you be looking to sell it for?

craig78
    Free Member

Reverb and she’s the bomb.. I got lasts year model only because of the colour of this one. But my lbs(best mate as one as his demo bike and he rides 2 a week hard.. And it’s living up to his expectations. But he’s got a reign carbon on otder(if and when they release them). Be interesting to see how you get on with it.

renton
    Free Member

Not selling this to be honest. its a 2015 bike so should last a while.

I think I got it for a bargain price at £1200 yes its used but it woas bought in october last year and has only done 50 miles.

Got a few upgrades to… ice tech rotors, xt cassette and chain and hans dampf front tyre.

Is that a good price.??

renton
    Free Member

Only thing I want to change is the bars for something wider.

Are carbon bars worth the extra over alloy?

Bregante

I’d say that was a good buy tbh

renton
    Free Member

1900 new plus the upgrades on top !!

matther01
    Free Member

Really enjoying my carbon sixc bars at 780mm. Can’t believe I thought 740mm were the best width. You could try a pair of carbon knuckleballs…not sure they’re still on sale though.

renton
    Free Member

Was actually just looking at the sixc bars on crc as you can get them with blue decals!!

Are they comfy?

Seen them cheaper elsewhere?

matther01
    Free Member

No, I got mine from CRC when they were doing £15 off orders over £100 (adding a sticker for 70p to make it over £100) and then used a discount code from a nice STWer. Came in about £80 in the end.

Very comfy, no buzz…really impressed.

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice!! Glad it arrived safe and sound. Let me know what you think when you get out on it.

renton
    Free Member

Ah Mikey… I was gonna ask are your suspension toplinks that connect to the top of the shock symetrical or are they slightly different each side?

deviant
    Free Member

Very nice, mine is in pieces under the bed until the Spring now….ordered some X-Fusion 160mm Sweep forks today to replace the 150mm Revs that i had on there in the summer, cant wait to get riding it again….as others said, the DW/Maestro rear end feels almost bottomless…gives the impression of far more travel and encourages silly riding….which is no bad thing!

mikey74
    Free Member

**comes back from checking**

Look pretty symmetrical to be, other than a bolt head on one side and a nut on the other. Got a piccie?

renton
    Free Member

I will get one tomorrow mate!!

mikey74
    Free Member

Gonna get some new tyres? I put HR IIs on mine.

renton
    Free Member

Pic as promised….

It looks like the driveside top link is scalloped in more making it look different.

Everything it in line and straight. Can you check yours please lads.

Mikey. What’s up with the schwalbe tyres?

Euro
    Free Member

A mate got a cracking deal on one of these a few months back and it’s given him so much confidence. Want to what happens when we took him* out into the mountains for the first time on one of these machines?

* a relative noob – he’s been riding for a bit but mostly trail centres.

Note the video doesn’t do the terrain justice at all. It’s as tech as it gets over here. I think he did great 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6bD889dI4[/video]

mikey74
    Free Member

@renton: do you mean the link arms themselves? If so, mine look the same as yours.

I have to admit to not using the tyres myself as I have always used High Rollers so I swapped them out. However, I have read that the stock tyres are a hard compound version that doesn’t grip too well. Give them a try. Personally, I preferred to stick to my faves.

hora
    Free Member

They are supposed to ride amazingly- Renton please stick with it.

renton
    Free Member

Mikey. Yep that’s what I’m on about. It looks like the right hand one curves round more than the left.

hora
    Free Member

Dont respray it for a longtime. I only resprayed mine as the only real reason I was selling it as I hated the goping poo-brown colour. I liked the ride etc. Once powdercoated it just looks like a great new bike that rides good.

FOG

I have one of the last 29ers ( they don’t appear to make them anymore) and hated it at first. However now I have got used to the long and low thing I absolutely love it!

renton
    Free Member

I’m not going to paint it hora. It’s getting covered in copter tape and staying original.

Just want to put some wider bars on it for now and a new seat as the giant one is craP.

sv

A mate got a cracking deal on one of these a few months back and it’s given him so much confidence. Want to what happens when we took him* out into the mountains for the first time on one of these machines?
    * a relative noob – he’s been riding for a bit but mostly trail centres.
    Note the video doesn’t do the terrain justice at all. It’s as tech as it gets over here. I think he did great

I picked up a SX on the same deal, my tiling isn’t as good as his though 😉

renton
    Free Member

Where can I get a spare mech hangar from. ?

timnwild

I love mine – first full suss I’ve owned. Just about to take it to Portugal for a week – hope the baggage handlers don’t hurt it too much.

The Giant Contact works pretty well, but there’s a lot of complaints about the seat clamp not being up to the job, and I found mine was shifting its axis without my permission in the beginning, although that’s settled now. Also thinking about upgrading the wheels to something a little stronger.

And the jockey wheels on the chain guide can take a running jump – two sets seized beyond repair in less than six months – took a lot of water and mud, but still…

So much fun to ride though. Enjoy it.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers. Does you linkage look the same as the picture above ?

timnwild

Um, I don’t know – it’s inexpertly stuffed into a bike bag right now. I’m worried I haven’t packed it well enough, so it’s coming out of the bag tonight – I’ll have a look.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New bike content… Giant Trance.!!’ is closed to new replies.