Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Bike (contains garden)
  • wwaswas

Frame bought off here and bits transferred from my Inbred.

No particular reason for change, just fancied something ‘not steel’ and lighter.

22lb on my scales.

wors

That looks fast!

fenred
    Free Member

Nice!

Was the inbred rigid?

carbon337
    Free Member

There is no way you could defend yourself against a Leopard with that.

wwaswas

yes, although the Inbred hadn’t seen much more than fire roads with the rigid forks.

Will be interesting to see how this rides on the Downs around Brighton.

There is no way you could defend yourself against a Leopard with that.

I thought it was antelope/deer that could cause the real damage 😉

sefton
    Free Member

irrigation system 😯

wwaswas

the grey pipe?

power supply to shed…

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Wheels are too small 😉

wwaswas

Wheels are too small

I could do a close up 😉

daznal
    Free Member

No toppers on fence posts,those babys will rot in no time

kayak23

I feel that you could have sunk the power-pipe, it looks unsightly at that level running the length of the fence.

In addition, there appears to be a large ball, perhaps a beachball or a Swissball at the foot of the trampoline. I think you’ll agree this is an accident waiting to happen and I would suggest it is moved.

Nice bike though, looks like it would pretty light and portable.

wwaswas

Fence was replaced this year so vegetation hasn’t grown back to hide the pipe. We inherited it like this and, frankly, I’m too lazy to bury it.

Toppers on list for fence posts.

I agree re space hopper will have words with the kids.

santacoops
    Free Member

Thats a nice french blue on the shed. I once painted a model porsche 959 that sort of blue as a boy. It looked sh!t. Looks good on the shed though. Very good.

The new bikes nice, you going to split it? I’ll have the cranks!

wwaswas

I’ll probably keep the cranks. Got them
    When merlin were knocking them out for £120.

Bottom of the garden had a makeover earlier in the year and my shed got dragged into it.

manitou
    Free Member

quick release should be both on the same side

Bernaard
    Free Member

Am liking that. Very nice

wwaswas

First ride last night, so a few impressions.

I took it to Stanmer Park (wooded singletrack) and a bit on the South Downs.

Gosh it’s light – certainly the lightest geared bike I’ve owned.

The front end is so light it’s easy to lift up over stuff. You do have to be careful with timing – there’s no ‘cush’ to forgive if you don’t quite get it right and clip the obstacle or drop off a log or something a bit hard.

I’m amazed how little technical stuff it stopped me riding. I’ve never done ‘proper’ off road with out suspension and whilst it’s easier (and a bit quicker ont he bumpy bits) with some movement in the forks it’s not quite the black/white I thought it would be.

On a downhill with repeated ‘hits’ you do tend to worry for your fillings but, generally, as long as you keep your arms ‘loose’ it’s not too bad.

traction when braking seems to be the biggest issue – if there’s any sort of roots etc in the braking zone it makes it far harder as the front wheel’s bouncing off the groudn and trying to lock out.

It’s been about a month since I’ve riden with gears and, tbh, it took me as long to get used to those as the fork – I ended up pushign a stupidly big gear uphill and spinning along the flat a few times.

It doesn’t half fly when you get it in the big ring on a good surface 🙂

My first hardstail aluminium frame for about 10 years – very impressed. I’m sure the Ti post helped but I really didn’t feel I was getting beaten up by it.

All the above was on pretty much dry surfaces. I fully expect to be landing on my face the first time I hit a wet root at speed but until then I’m really liking this bike 🙂

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Oh dear, would you like to talk about it?

wwaswas

?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Bike (contains garden)’ is closed to new replies.