• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New bike bought – I'm excited
  • lunge

After much procrastination I’ve clicked buy on a new road bike. It’s my first new bike or any kind for 2 years I’m very, very excited.

Anyway, It’s a Sensa Guila from Merlin, build with Ultegra Di2 and carbon wheels. Not unlike this one in fact.

but with these wheels:

2 weeks until it arrives, the days are being counted.

lunge

A new bike thread and no one, absolutely no one is interested? I feel ashamed, I may have to cancel my order now. 😥 😥 😥 😥

v666ern
    Free Member

bloody attention ***** roadies 😛

😆

MussEd
    Free Member

Don’t worry they’ll come. I posted a new build thread on Monday and it took 16 hours of so then took off.

That looks tidy. Though someone won’t like the wheel logos, guaranteed!

creamegg
    Free Member

well if the frame and forks are plastered with logos why not the wheels as well!?

rexated
    Free Member

I hope that when you put the order in to Merlin that you brought the state of the path to their attention.

Bike looks good to me.

slowjo
    Free Member

There’s nothing like that first ride on a new bike…..saddle is too high/low or too far forward or back, bars are too low or high, gears go out in a few hours (if you are running mechanicals that is) and there’s always a funny noise you find to worry about. I find it is the second or third ride when you really appreciate it.

Went through this with a Super Six the other week. All the settings are spot on now and it flies.

Yet to be convinced by D12 (cos I’m a Luddite) but otherwise, looks good. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Fancy.

What did that set you back out of interest?

mrblobby
    Free Member

2 whole years without a new bike, blimey! 🙂

Looks nice and fast.

wwaswas

I was waiting until we got to see your garden before commenting.

Bregante

This.

We wanna see the real thing, not a library image.

Time to get the mower out 😀

falkirk-mark

So have I, was not even thinking about a new bike till my mate got one on Friday so I ordered
    http://www.ubyk.co.uk/nukeproof-mega-tr-275-comp-bike-2014/15804
    this morning.Brings me more up to date with 10 speed and 650b plus with the savings I can get a few upgrades (dropper and decent brakes). Should get it middle of next week.

Bregante

This.

We wanna see the real thing, not a library image.

Time to get the mower out 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

LIKE..

But easy sitting here looking at a Photoshopped Image.

But, well not a but, it looks cool, I expect it will ride really well and you’ll love the gear’idge.

Polish your Rapha top cap in preparation eh.

😆

njee20
    Free Member

Yet to be convinced by D12 (cos I’m a Luddite) but otherwise, looks good.

No, I agree, they were terrible:

Di2 is brilliant though!

Looks good OP!

lunge

What did that set you back out of interest?

The bike, the wheels, a pair of bottle cages, a spare mech hanger and some pedals came to £2500 ish. Been saving and procrastinating for a while and this was the best option for the money. The intetion was to buy it outright but as Merlin are doing interest free for 9 months it seemed rude not to take them up on that offer.

Polish your Rapha top cap in preparation

How dare you, it’s an INRNG cap I’ll have you know.

I_Ache
    Free Member

D12 were indeed terrible.

That bike however is lovely. I want!

thomthumb
    Free Member

FFS ear worm.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsLGh81GeI[/video]

YOUR FAULT

PS nice bike.

rOcKeTdOg

it’s an “artists impression” the real bike, set up to your liking might be wildly different, post when it arrives

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

FWIW, I think you ordered the better bike rather than the Aero frame you were looking at. Incidentally, I’ve just been for the first spin on my new bike, also with Di2. It’s chuffing great – the autotrim feature is like telepathy.

Marin
    Free Member

My new Santa Cruz came by courier today and the neighbours signed for it. Please come home from work soon pleaaaase!

racefaceec90

i like that 😀

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I think that looks alright actually. Supra/Sensa are they same company aren’t they? Full carbon clinchers?

cloudnine
    Free Member

2 weeks to get the fence painted and the weeds sorted

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

2 weeks to get your flexibility and core strength sorted. You’ll need it with that drop to the saddle.

lunge

Supra/Sensa are they same company aren’t they? Full carbon clinchers?

Same company, Sensa are the bikes, Supra are the components, think Trek and Bontrager.

And yes, full carbon clinchers. They are very much a heart decision, I know I can get lighter, better braking alu wheels but I saw those and just wanted them.

2 weeks to get your flexibility and core strength sorted. You’ll need it with that drop to the saddle.

It’s got basically the same geometry as my current bike, long arms and long legs mean pretty much every bike I’ve got has the saddle way above the bars so I’m used to it.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New bike bought – I'm excited’ is closed to new replies.