Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new bike.
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

So I’ve finally succumbed to the growing pressure to join the Orange Five club. I make no apologies to all the Orange haters out there (why the feelings run so strong is anyone’s guess).

Ride one: 1000m up and down around Les Gets + Morzine.

Climbed up Mt Cherry from Les Gets, then round the back to Encrenaz, up to Col du Basse, then down to Essert Romand, then back up to Les Gets.

Plenty of dry dusty stuff, some mud, leaves, snow and ice thrown in there for good measure.

Verdict – it’s just ace. Fun with a capital F. Most similar bike I’ve ridden to my old Blur 4x.

IMG_4290 by guybowden, on Flickr

IMG_4296 by guybowden, on Flickr

Build is standard Pro
    Float 32 RLC FIT fork
    Plus thompson bits
    Sunline V1 745 bar
    XTR shifters
    XTR Trail pedals (very nice btw)
    tubeless upgrade – 2.2 conti mountain kings. Pleasantly surprising how good these were, I thought they’d be the first things to go.

Avid Elixir 5 brake “downgrade” – as nice as hope brakes are to look at, they just don’t cut it here for extended riding for some reason – don’t know why – plus this downgrade help pay for the XTR goodies 🙂

And once the Straightline Silent Guide arrives, it’ll be a 1×10 with 34t chainring.

Plus a reverb post when Rockshox get around to delivering more of them!

Nice brown colour as well.

Let the Orange flaming begin! I’m off riding 🙂

Clink

Never ridden an Orange,but I like the colour! 😀

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Build is standard Pro

– just realised how un-“standard” the build is – chainset, mechs, chain, cassette, headset – those bits are “Standard” on the Pro build. The rest isn’t.

carbon337
    Free Member

Nice build.

Not tempted to go for the AM build being out there in the proper hills, or even a 36 fork?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. Currently own a ’07 Five and strangely tempted to buy a new one. Then very tempted to take it to the alps 🙂

partyboy
    Free Member

The colour is a bit poo…

…IGMC

Bregante

I like that brown, like the new SC colour

rOcKeTdOg

brown is the colour of winners!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Like the bike, not the colour. Much like the opinion dividing spread, it’s a bt marmitey for me.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Most similar bike I’ve ridden to my old Blur 4x.

can’t wait to tell higgo that – as he’s still got it! 😛

xiphon
    Free Member

Nice place for a ‘first ride’ on a bike!! Jealous doesn’t even come close…

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

What no orange haters? Blimey.

Got a good 2000m + descending on her today. Think its fantastic.

I have got a set of lyrics that’ll go on there when summer comes. Until then the 32s are pretty damned good I have to say.

And yeah, like the 4x but probably less maintenance… bike design has caught up at last!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new bike.’ is closed to new replies.