Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Bike
  • Stu661
    Free Member

I have been thinking about getting a downhill bike and have been looking at the 2011 Specialized Demo. So I sent an email to my local dealer asking about delivery dates and prices got a reply with the info requested.

I then asked if they would be getting any in and how the sizing was.
    To be told a medium would be fine and they wouldn't be getting one in and if a want one I would need to pay a 10% non refundable deposit which would be £400. They also said to order soon as they don't bring many into the country and sell out fast.

Does this seem fair or is that the done thing? I don't feel like handing over a deposit for a bike I have never seen in the flesh or even sat on.

HansRey

sounds fair enough. If you want to try a bike, ask a mate or a stw-er. The bike shop shouldn't stump up for it

steve_b77
    Free Member

Is there not a Specialized Concept store near you?

Stu661
    Free Member

I didn't say I wanted to try it, I wouldn't expect a shop to get a bike in just so I could try it out.

All I would like to do is have a look at it have a seat on it to see the size is right if it this then I would buy it.

I don't know any one who would have a 2011 bike apart from Sam Hill 😆

The nearest Specialized Concept store is 300 miles away. Do they stock the complete range?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Last year the 2010 Demos were all bought by shops before they landed in the UK…

I think its a similar position this year. If you want one you'll probably have to order one soon. Mediums are the most popular size to!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.