Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Bike
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Well sort of.

2nd hand frame and all the bits are off my old DMR.

Evil Sovereign 853 long
    Coil Pikes
    Pro2 719 wheels
    Deore drivetrain
    Elixir 5 Brakes
    Hope Headset
    Syncros Stem
    Gusset 760mm bar

bassspine
    Free Member

there's something about steel… that looks <jazz voice>niiiice</jv>

hp_source

Nice, I do like those Sovereign's. Enjoy 8)

shellac
    Free Member

Been keeping an eye out…..

Gutted, but that looks trick as f…..

Nice one and enjoy!!!!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks Im really loving it. I just need to cut down the hoses and it will be spot on.

Hope you enjoy your BFe when it arrives.

Del

lawn needs raking over and seeding….

chakaping
    Free Member

A new bike is a new bike, even if it's someone else's old bike.

Looks quite smartly specced for a budget – and just the right amount of white.

9/10.

heihei

I rarely look at new bike threads, but glad I did on this one. Awesome bike! I just built up my 853 Sov I got off Ebay (sub £300 including Thomson post and Hope clamp) and absolutely love it – it is a real hooligan bike encouraging really leary riding.
    I'm not one for trick riding, but it is the only bike I can wheelie to any great extent, and can slide the back end around with feet still on the pedals at will. It also does two wheel drifts very nicely despite the short wheelbase, and it loves to change direction by lifting the front wheel rather than steering, which is fun!
    I think these are destined to become cult classics as I suspect given the original cost there aren't that many around.
    Only thing I've found is with a relatively steep HA it gets a bit twitchy on the realy steep stuff. Otherwise totally brilliant. I'd get some flat pedals mind!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I can only echo what others have said, it looks good.

I_Ache
    Free Member

9/10!! Blimey I'm flattered.

I would quite like a Thompson as the brand x post is functional but a bit tight.

Flat pedals are on the Pitch but will get put on the Sov when its dry enough to hit the jumps.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Nice. Makes me more eager to receive my BFe at the end of the month. I love these steel "hardcore" hardtails.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Looks great- one of the first bike builds conducted with taste and a sense of knowing what you're doing on here in ages!

I run flats on my bouncy bike but would never run them on my Sov- ride it fast enough and they can be quite bouncy.

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks awesome. So very nice!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.