Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Bike….
  • giantjason
    Free Member

well after what felt like ages my new DB Alpine arrived last week and have spent the weekend building it up.

Was planning on getting it finished yesterday and making it to the Swinley ride this morning but got sidetracked.

Riding around the block it feels great and cant wait to get out on the trails and get it dirty!!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Holy exposed seatpost!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Nice. Can't wait for my Sovereign to arrive. No idea what spec I'm building it up to yet…

How much does that thing weigh?

grantway
    Free Member

Looks nice mate good one 😉

Jason, make sure you've got a decent amount of seatpost below the lower part of the top tube (1.5" – 2") as the only "broken" Alpine from the first batch was caused by running too short a seat post in the frame.

I recommend that people buy the longest seat post they can find.

giantjason
    Free Member

Mike – the GD seatpost is 400mm long and goes about 6" from the top of the seat stay into the tubing. That means the bottom of the seatpost is about 1" below the main top tube/seat stay junction – that should be loads?

i had to lower the seatpost slightly from whats in the pics so doesnt look as bad!

Vortexracing

They are great frames

looks good

enjoy

scruff
    Free Member

Minus syle points for Gravity Dropper, mMudguard, rear hub thing, rearlight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Bike….’ is closed to new replies.