Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Backpack time – Camelbak MULE or Dakine Nomad
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Needing a new Hydration pack, one that will allow me to carry full face helmet. I know the Nomad does but can anyone confirm the MULE does too?

In fact can anyone who may have usd both give me their insights/experiences?

zaskar
    Free Member

My mule is olde but has the netting for helmets.

Review here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/luggage/backpack/hydration-packs/product/mule-nv-09-34156

I think the one has a pocket that opens up for the helmet.

mikey74
    Free Member

I can vouch for the Nomad: I've always had Camelbaks until I bought the Dakine and IMO they are a much better build quality than the CBs.

oxnop
    Free Member

I own both, I had the mule for 3 yrs and was great. My gf now uses the "mule" and I'm sure she will get many yrs use out it.

I bought the nomad last week from stif for £59. I love it, the hydration pack and bite valve are excellent. All the Pockets inside and outare very usable. And it looks great (in my opinion)

out of the two I would go for the nomad.

fozzybear
    Free Member

for me there is no fight the dakine is the easy winner.
    the new bladder on the nomad is the best of any i have found so far. camelback has a few nice touches but the build and quality of the dakine is better.
    i have an apex currently, have had mules, blowfish and other camelback variants but none are upto the apex.

mikey74
    Free Member

If it helps, I have an Apex for my commute and a Nomad for mtbing and both are fantastic.

coogan
    Free Member

Had both. Nomad wins it for me.

MussEd
    Free Member

Would you say the difference in Size between Apex and Nomad is worth the extra price? i.e can you get loads of extra stuff in the Apex?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got a nearly new ( without a bladder) Camelback Chaos sat around doing now if you want it??

MussEd
    Free Member

Tetosugars – No thanks mate

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have a nomad in serial killer red check, tis lovely it is.

coogan
    Free Member

I bought the Apex first and found it HUGE. I'm a small fella, so maybe too big for me, but found it pushed my helmet forward when stuff started getting steep. Nomad just suits me perfectly. Can load it up with a full facer, pads etc no probs along with all the usual stuff.

MussEd
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for that lads have ordered the Nomad.

stevomcd
    Free Member

If you want to carry a FF/pads, a Camelbak Mayhem is much, much better than a Mule.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Backpack time – Camelbak MULE or Dakine Nomad’ is closed to new replies.