Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Let's see your new On One 456 in Chocolate Brown / Strong Blue please…
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Can't decide on whether to get a brown w' creme, blue w' black or blue w' creme 456 frame.

IIRC, some of the other new colours were a bit different in real life to the product shots, so I'd be keen to see yours, if you've got a new blue or brown 456, please.

Go on – you know you want to!

🙂

anotherstan
    Free Member

picked up a blue/cream frame today. it's actually got a hint of purple to it 😯 looks really good.
    as for posting a pic, i'll be building it tomorrow so check back tomorrow night.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What sort of weight are you looking at for a full build (medium size) with xt/decent wheels/reoons?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Excellent Stan – thanks. Can't wait. My missus said she reckoned it looked a bit purple in the pic on the OO site, so it sounds like she was right (not that I'll let on…) Have fun building tomorrow!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

So… how did the build go? Did you get any pics, or were you too busy riding! 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

went for the choc/cream as the blue (and pink) didnt do it for me. Looks really nice and classy in the "flesh" with a bit of a metal flake effect.

Only ridden it for 1hr since building it and bent the mech hanger in a stick/mech/wheel interface 😯 😯 LBS managed to straighten it with no obvious permanent damage and having emailed On One about their crash replacement programme (if repair failed) was impressed with their helpful attitude.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

That looks superb, Munqe-chick – lovely build. Really sorry to hear about the bent hanger, but you're right – you're in great hands with On One – let's hope it's all ok. What width tyres are those Maxxis?

anotherstan
    Free Member

gonetothehills – Member
    So… how did the build go? Did you get any pics, or were you too busy riding!

after taking the little'un to football practice/ swimming/ dance class i didn't manage to get finished 😥 and i'm off to scotland in the morning for 2 days of 7stanes 😛 so unfortunately no pics. sorry.

but i'll def post a pic when it's finished.

MC – i wasn't keen on the brown, but i have to say, that looks goooood!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

tyres are 2.3" minions.

thanks for the positive comments.

If youd asked me to make a list of colours I'd buy a bike in, brown would never have featured but i think it looks classy and in keeping with the retro chic of a steel hardtail (ooh get me 😆 ).

Build wise parts were pretty much a straight lift from my Kona Coiler so lightweight was never going to figure. I'm sure I weighed the forks when I first got them at seven pounds 😯 😯

and in keeping with STW pic threads yes my lawn/patio/fence/hedge/hose routing/valve alignment/light exposure needs work 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

anotherstan – I can just about deal with the fact that you had child duties and that got in the way of building a new bike, but… going to 7stanes; that's not good enough!!! 🙂 And I'll be at work whilst you're there too!

You've not got a pic of the frame on your sofa or kitchend table have you…?! 😉

lyons
    Free Member

how much does one of the 16 inch frames weigh in at?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

mine came in at 5lbs on cheap kitchen scales. Wasnt after a light XC hardtail and with those forks and that front tyre (dual ply supertacky) it probably weighs more than my Nomad!

anotherstan
    Free Member

gtth – breathe…… aaaahhhh

it'll be posted on here by tuesday eve, if you can hold out that long 😉

really is a great colour though!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

LOL ~stan. Nice one! 😆

Have fun in 7Stanes (as if you couldn't) and I'll look forward to it (with bated breath) in the week! Has it got the flakey metallic look that munqe chick's choco one has?

PS: Anyone else got one in new blue they've got a pic of that they want to show off? 😉

pitduck
    Free Member

i like that(mmmmmmmchocolatemmmm) 😀

poppa
    Free Member

Photo out of date, looks fractionally better now.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

That looks almost bronze there, poppa – very nice

RDL-82
    Free Member

would like to see some 'strong blues' aswell as still tempted to change the summer season.

chainslapp
    Free Member

This is my sons 16" Chocolate Brown 456.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

pre-build close ups with flash which shows the paint finish Ive described as flake effect.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

The finish looks really nice Munqe-chick – but not a bit like the OO website is it? I'd say in real life it looks a whole lot better.

The brown seems very smart, but where are all the blue ones then…? Come on – get 'em out!

poppa
    Free Member

Still no blue?

The brown looks quite different depending on lighting. On a dull day it looks dark brown/coffee but when you shine a light on it, it looks a little more bronzed I guess.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

<<Tannoy>>

New strong blue 456 owners (who also have a camera) to the forum please. We need your pics. 😉

<</Tannoy>>

Thanks for that! 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts so far on this and Taka's thread – especially the new blue with creme and brown ones. Ok – I'm going to order one and I think that – in spite of not seeing one in real life – it'll be strong blue with black. As far as I can understand, that is the regular On One dark blue, but if anyone's got one with the black decals, please can you stick a pic up? Also – does anyone know if it's exactly the same (latest) frame as the pink / brown / blue 456 with the new graphics? Thanks as ever… 🙂

It's this one without the white on the panel – except they say it doesn't look anything like it… can anyone help please?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

ok mines not chocolate brown but the raw sumer season,looks a bit brown!

yunki
    Free Member

another brown one will be appearing here at some point over the next couple of days… just as soon as I finish building

chainslapp
    Free Member

You will have to imagine the black decals.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rode with a chap on Tuesday who had a brand new blue one, with black decals. It looked VERY classy indeed. I like. 🙂

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Still no pics of Blue with black decals?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Not on here but I did find one on BikeRadar. However… I will be posting pics of my new blue (purple) 456 with creme decals later today – it arrived this week and looks really sweet (even if I say so myself!) 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Ok – here you go – 456 in strong blue / creme decals. Sorry about the mudguard / seatpack… It's a very purpley blue – looks great in the sunshine with a bit of metallic hint to it, but not such a flake as the choco ones. Mmmm, choco flakes. 🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

Looks really good, far better than my strong blue below.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks, Chainslapp – but the strong blue with the white panel is still a great look – a kind of modern classic colourway; especially with the white forks. Nice matching pair too! 🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

The red one is my sons, which has now got a set of black Fox forks on now as I had no takers on the classifieds.

JimbobSwann
    Free Member

Built this up over the last few weeks, took it out today for a test spin to check the set up and love it. Daft that you can get such a good frame for so little cash. The rest of the bike cost a fortune, however – even at trade. Worth eating beans for though!

moonmonkey
    Free Member

My new 16inch on one 456 blue/creme 😀

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4761017593_f01383b4db_b.jpg

william
    Free Member

moonmonkey
    Free Member

moonmonkey
    Free Member

silgot
    Free Member

Hi!
    This is my 456 chocolate brown with rigid fork:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your new On One 456 in Chocolate Brown / Strong Blue please…’ is closed to new replies.