Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New 1×11 Shimano XT groupset – When will we see it on off-the-peg bikes???
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m pretty excited for the new 1×11 Shimano XT. So far, it’s received rave reviews and seems like incredible value for money compared to Sram, especially when you consider the long-term cost of replacing components prone to wear.

More importantly for me, its release coincides with my burning urge to splash some cash on a new bike.

Currently, I’m looking for something like the Canyon Spectral AL 7.0 EX fitted with Sram X1. It currently retails at £2,099, but I imagine that the same bike with the new XT groupset should retail at £200+ less.

When do you think we can expect to see the first bike models fitted with the new XT package hit UK shelves?

STATO
    Free Member

When do you think we can expect to see the first bike models fitted with the new XT package hit UK shelves?

Never? Most 2016 models are already out or shown and no-one seems to have shimano other than top-end XTR superbikes. SRAM have always undercut Shimano on OEM kit (despite RRP ticket prices being other way around). Expect it would be more cost effective to buy your bike with SRAM, sell it and fit XT yourself.

wrecker
    Free Member

Know anyone in germany? Price is £1670 over there.

methers27
    Free Member

Focus 2016 offerings include a similar bike with 1×11 xt, not much in the way of details yet though, expected September though

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Wow, I find that really surprising.

The cheapest price I can find for both groupsets is on Chain Reaction Cycles. XT retails at £299.99 compared with X1 at £469.49. That’s a difference of alomst £170, yet the manufacturers still get X1 cheaper?!

In any case, surely we will see at least some bikes sporting XT 1×11 this year…

AlexSimon

The Kona Explosif is XT 1×11 (without the cranks) 11-42
    http://konaworld.com/explosif.cfm

benpinnick

Next week if its a Bird…. although we don’t really do off the peg of course.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

I think the Kona Explosif is available frame-only from Kona.

dudeofdoom

Interestingly if your in the the bcc you can get 10% disc on the shimano bringing it to £270 which I don’t think is crazy money and you don’t need an xd adaptor for your wheels.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wow, I find that really surprising.
    The cheapest price I can find for both groupsets is on Chain Reaction Cycles. XT retails at £299.99 compared with X1 at £469.49. That’s a difference of alomst £170, yet the manufacturers still get X1 cheaper?!

If you go sram you can chuck in a rs fork, reverb and some truative finishing kit in there, Sram are the only ones with that much coverage. You could get everything bar the saddle from one supplier.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New 1×11 Shimano XT groupset – When will we see it on off-the-peg bikes???’ is closed to new replies.