Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New 10 speed setup
  • daveb
    Free Member

After a few drive train problems yesterday I have decided to take the plunge and go 2×10.

Going for XTR M985 and looking at chains / Cassettes.

Was going to buy the XTR chain but I prefer SRAM chains, is the SRAM PC1071 compatible? I am sure it is but want to make sure before buying. I also don’t really want to buy an XTR cassette, again I am guessing an XT 10 speed cassette will do the job, just probably a bit heavier which is fine.

I did look at SRAM for the cranks and rear mech (also buying an XTR 10 speed rear mech) but have decided on Shimano for that.

Thanks

sunnrider
    Free Member

I´m in the same boat. I bent a a chainring today and had to ride 5 hours in the middle ring (which was fine).
    Now I want to drop the big ring and go for a 2×10 setup. I have some nice TA Specialties chainrings that I´d like to keep, will they be ok with 2×10?
    And, without trying to start a war, Sram or Shimano? I currently have Sram shifters,mech and casette.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I have a mixture of XTR and XT 10 speed bits on my bike and I am using a SRAM chain with it fine. Think mine is the PC1091 but the 1071 will be absolutely fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New 10 speed setup’ is closed to new replies.