Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Never thought I’d ever ask this… recommend me some….
  • justa
    Free Member

bar ends

and some panniers/bags for a disc specific frame 😯

Don’t have to be huge panniers – just enough to get some work clothes in !

cheers

ton

cane creek or ergon.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh my socks, a tenner says his next thread is a “what mapboard” post!

justa, are you ok?

cinnamon_girl

Panniers – Ortlieb – wouldn’t trust my clothes to anyone else! Spent 4 days riding in the rain, every day, in the West Country and everything was dry. Not cheap though.

rOcKeTdOg

those woodman bar ends always look nice to me, carbon bling too 😉

or for the true niche/weird look, how about drop bar ends?

druidh
    Free Member

Rack: There’s a Topeak one (Tourist DX?) which is available in a disk-friendly fitting. I have one on the Ti hardtail and it’s been just fine.

Panniers: Ortleib get a few honourable mentions but I hate not having a wee pocket for access to stuff on the move. The Altura Drylines have an external pocket and it’s possible to store wet stuff between the waterproof liner and the pannier material itself.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If you want lightweight bar ends, Smica Micro are great, bloomin cheap as well.

druidh
    Free Member

Bar ends: Smica Micros are the lightest (AFAIK). The carbon wrap version is heavier.

markenduro
    Free Member

I like the ergon grips with built in bar ends, dead comfy

sockpuppet

i really like my topeak rack-top bag, if you get the right rack it clips right on, and is great for loads that would only really fill one pannier, without the off-centre action.

rack.

catfood
    Free Member

Cane Creek

justa
    Free Member

cheers folks 🙂

beginners question – do all panniers fit all racks ?

sockpuppet – that looks interesting – could i get a shirt, pants, socks, trousers, wallet and phone in it ?

RD – Love those drop bar ends !!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

null
    These work for me – on me flat bar commuter.

cinnamon_girl

Ortlieb panniers fit the OMM rack, I used P clips on my Rock Lobster.

sockpuppet

the topeak site reckons 12l, but the odd shape often means less is usable. as long as you’re not trying to fit shoes in, which seem to magically expand to fill all space available IME, you should be fine. depends how carefully you fold/roll as far as creases etc go – how smart do you need to be?

i linked the wrong bag – i actually have the older version of this slightly larger one which has fold down/stow-away side pockets to boost the capacity if needed. i did LEJOG fine with this, traveling light though!

overall, big fan…

sockpuppet

if you don’t have the matching rack, the bags have velcro straps, but they’re not that secure.

druidh
    Free Member

The good bags will have a clip system which allows them to fit to various diameters of rack tubing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tubus racks are the best – expensive but good value

Ed-O
    Free Member

Sperm clamps!

rOcKeTdOg

no ED, that’s just how your mind works 😉

andrew
    Free Member

Justa, will I see you around Derby sporting a beard? I find this an alarming development.

justa
    Free Member

andrew – what the beard or the bar ends ?

andrew
    Free Member

heh. the bar-ends, who knows where it might end up! Ron Hills, reflector clips, oh blimey.

justa
    Free Member

ron hills – tick
    reflector clips – tic

😯

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Never thought I’d ever ask this… recommend me some….’ is closed to new replies.