Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Never seen so much squirrel……!
  • russyh
    Free Member

And not the tasty Lycra clad cycling type. I’m talking about the tree climbing type. I have never seen so many and they are becoming a worry to me! The Forest of Dean is full of them recently (hardly a suprise being a forest) however over the last few rides I have been really concious of them. They are cocky little sods as well and I have been really close to having one jump into my path a few times.

Perhaps it’s just me, or maybe it’s just one squirrel trying to terrorise me specifically. Who knows, but I have never seen so many. Are other areas of the country finding an increase on these little critters?

I am expecting some grief over this thread, but it is interesting.

Stiggy

Behind you!

IdleJon

Someone I know broke his collarbone because of a squirrel…

I haven’t seen unusual numbers of them this year but I have noticed huge numbers of bats. One even flew through my legs/frame on my commute the other night.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Squirrels? Pffft! It’s the badgers you want to worry about. When a badger takes a liking to your new bike the next thing you know you’re lying on the deck.

racefaceec90

you wanna make something of it 😉

russyh
    Free Member

It’s the grey ones as well. I expect the ginger ones to be a little angry…Ginger things generally are. But these things are suicidal and I wouldn’t be exaggerating if i said i saw like 50 on a 25km loop

alanf
    Free Member

They can sense your fear – they are planning an imminent attack!

gatsby
    Free Member

I’m shooting at least 1 a day in my garden – they just keep on coming back…

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup they’re everywhere

Quiet climb the other evening on a carpet of leaves and stuff and it was all just..rustling

bikebouy
    Free Member

Loads in Hampshire at the moment, but then it is stocking up for winter time innit.

Normally theres a huge gaggle of them in Bere Forest but they seem to have emigrated across the A32 into the woods the other side 😉

fadda

I was thinking exactly the same on Tuesday evening – had to take evasive action twice in the FoD again …

Edit: what’s the tasty Lycra-clad cycling type of squirrel? (I’m quite old and haven’t heard that one…)

cheekyget
    Free Member

Rumour has it …they’ve been trained by Bruce Lee……..

trailofdestruction
    Free Member
    Drac

Squirrels are those horrible grey tree rats that are starting to overtake up here too?

Milkie
    Free Member

Squirrels are those horrible grey tree rats that are starting to overtake up here too?

Do they shout STRAAAVA too? 😆

Northwind

I consider them a threat to my professional reputation… Because walking to work, I tend to greet them with a cheery “mornin’ squirrel!” and if anyone I know ever sees me talking to vermin, I’m screwed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Never seen so much squirrel……!’ is closed to new replies.