Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Never get repairs at Halfrauds…
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I work part time on weekends for extra cash as a student…

Guy comes in with a puncture.

I take wheel off, check the inside of tyre but no thorn etc and also quickly check tube by inflating and listeining for hiss to see if I find location of puncture and then check tyre for embedded hidden culprit etc.

Halfords way: Chuck in a new tube (quick) don't bother to check tyre says the supervisor…but the thorn could still be inside…

Customer comes back 6hrs after repair and complains of being late for work with a warning and losing an hr pay…I say talk to the supervisor.

Halfrauds we make you walk the extra mile lol…funny as clowns.

stumpyjon

Not got a lot of sympathy TBH, if you're commuting and can't change your own tyre………

Still not exactly an ethos of service excellence from your supervisor either.

crispybacon
    Free Member

was the puncture caused by running over a Topeak Rocket AL road pump ? 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

crispy bacon – Member
    was the puncture caused by running over a Topeak Rocket AL road pump ?

Grrr 👿

I bet there are riders looking for it now…finders keepers! 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Never get repairs at Halfrauds

I've really never even considered the idea for a second. 🙂

dickydutch

I did my time there too as a student. Sercvice was carried out ont he whole by clueless drongo's. On the plus side, I learnt loads with regards to servicing my own car and doing repairs from an old timer who worked there as he had retired from being a mechanic. Stood me in good stead for the rest of me life I reckon.

joe1983
    Free Member

The guy in my local halfords is sound and knows his stuff (I do all my own work anyway). I was having a chat with him about the boardman bikes a while ago and he said they were really good, but what would put him off was knowing it was built up by retards!

zaskar
    Free Member

I must admit that I'm Cytec trained yrs ago (even though it was easy) but there are some good staff dotted up and down the country but my store has the guys from "Dude, where's my car?".

Fair enough it pays bugger all (Pays my cycling habit, slight discount and nearby), customers think you're an idiot before they talk to you but you always get the happy customers which is great and the job is very easy compared to Tesco and Asda stocking/whip regime.

I guess after todays obsevation it isn't a suprise why they have a bad name with serious riders.

It could be improved hugely but they don't want to invest as their market is manly cheaper bikes (nice to see Boardman Voodoo) and they are getting rid of full time staff as they get full timers to do more.

Still if you need gear cable or an allen key set at 1900 hrs. after tinkering with your bike, it can be a godsend and save 2morros ride.
    I just think the staff are paid poorly and don't take pride or proper procedures when dealing with bikes. I see it funny till I have to deal with the complaint and get moaned at.

CountZero

What sort of muppet can't fix his own punctures then complains about the tyre going flat later. IMHO there's no way you could blame the Halfords bloke, I've had punctures, checked the tyre thorougly, fixed the flat and had the tyre go flat a mile down the road. The culprit was a thorn tip that only came to light after taking the tyre off, turning it inside out, and spending fifteen minutes flexing the tyre until I felt a tiny rough spot which was the tip of a thorn that just didn't show up running your finger round the inside. Blackthorns are utter b'stards.

zaskar
    Free Member

Had a mate copy you Xipe Totec, 3 punctures on one ride? luckily he had a few tubes on his uber long ride (80miles). We stopped him the final time and (much swearing and queing for let me have a go) searched for the nipper causing the prob-macroscopic thorn! 👿

I did some more today-ppl who pump their tyres to 20psi for their fun family rides LOL! 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Never get repairs at Halfrauds…’ is closed to new replies.