Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Never Do an Upgrade on a Friday Afternoon
  • Freester

Or make significant changes…

Company wide port (30 plus mobiles) from one provider to another today.

Not a lot happened by 3PM people start phoning their own mobile numbers and realise they’ve been assigned to the wrong sim! Carnage. Sales calls going to the wrong people. Senior management without mobiles full stop. People swapping sims and the office manager running round on the verge of an embolism!

Rep from Reseller onsite shouting at his colleagues down the mobile phone!

Would be quite simple to swap most of the sims but a few guys home not office based so won’t be sorted out so simply!

Tick tock to 5PM. Will it get resolved in time?

jimdubleyou

Always Do an Upgrade on a Friday Afternoon

Then they’ve got the whole weekend to fix it…

wwaswas

unless you’re the ‘they’, of course.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You dont work in customer support do you?
    Obviously the tech support agents really want to work late on a Friday because some other tool didnt allocate the SIMs correctly.
    Its actually pretty easy to do, but I dont think the provisioning systems will allow you to re-use a previously activated SIM (well my portal with Voda doesnt)
    FWIW I never organise line moves and installations etc on a Friday for exactly the reasons you’ve just discovered!

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s the weekend, you don’t need your company mobile. If people need you they can call your personal number no ?

FWIW I’ve declined a work mobile whenever possible, just give out my personal number

oldtalent
    Free Member

I haven’t had a personal mobile for 16 years. Always a work supplied one. No bills, hurray!

Sandwich

Always Do an Upgrade on a Friday Afternoon

Then there’s a whole weekends overtime to be claimed putting it right, or TOIL at a time convenient to you.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The only thing I upgraded today was a greggs sausage cob to a greggs sausage baguette, best decision I’ve made in a while!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Never Do an Upgrade on a Friday Afternoon’ is closed to new replies.