Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Nettle stings :)
  • endurancenut
    Free Member

I once ended up sitting in a patch of nettles having failed to do a wheelie whilst clipped in to my pedals. Big problem given that i was wearing lycra which offers no protection at all. I spent that evening sitting in a cold bath trying to relieve 100s of stings. Not been a fan of nettles ever since!

endurancenut
    Free Member

I once ended up sitting in a patch of nettles having failed to do a wheelie whilst clipped in to my pedals. Big problem given that i was wearing lycra which offers no protection at all. I spent that evening sitting in a cold bath trying to relieve 100s of stings. Not been a fan of nettles ever since!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yes I can imagine a body worth of stings not being that pleasant.

Interesting note about the Romans, maybe some of us are descendents.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Nettles and bracken out in force around Thetford yesterday morning, bracken is well over head height in a lot of places.

My legs are still itching now !!
    Was a great ride though in a strange, almost masochistic way, stung, scratched and p**$ wet through but thoroughly enjoyable

darrenspink
    Free Member

Its the brambles that really do my head in. With nettles you can at least ride past them, go through a bramble sticking itself across the track and it takes half the flesh off your arm.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Nettle stings :)’ is closed to new replies.