Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Netflix Vs Amazon prime?
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

wifey is going to be laid up for a month or so following an operation so was thinking of getting a film / video subscription to keep her occupied….

Whats the STW world opinions on the merits of each ????

Amazon is attractive as the adde benefit is free parcel delivery ….. but for video / film content ….. what the thoughts ???

rone

No competition. Netflix, better selection certainly through unblock and better technology in delivery. Netflix’s own output is fantastic too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Amazon Prime is £72 a year if you want free delivery.

Netflix you can have a free month, so why wouldn’t you?

Now Tv isn’t bad, you can get a 2 month sub on a card for £15.

steveoath
    Free Member

With anazon prime you get the free apps, amazon music and they have the netflix app. The free music has been great for us, loads of great (and obscure stuff) that we like but havent bought.

skids
    Free Member

Im on Amazon now, i sometimes do a month on netflix watch all their new stuff. If you use the free delivery then it’s an easy choice. You always got torrets etc. to watch any new stuff

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Prime is 59 quid this weekend btw.

isitafox
    Free Member

Become a student and you get prime for free for 6 months including the delivery, whoop whoop!

krixmeister

Netflix has a far better selection of movies, even more so if you use unblock-us or similar to access the US site. Amazon is better per above if you use all the other features of Prime.

We have both, along with BBC i-Player, and got rid of our TV license. Only downside there is not being able to watch live TV, but other than TdF and F1 (which I can always catch down at the pub), we haven’t missed it.

zero-cool
    Free Member

As said above, go for Netflix then look online (use Google) for the way to access US Netflix

cookeaa

Got a sub for both and we make heavy use of both as a household…

There’s a lot of crossover between the two but generally you can find something to watch on one or the other…

The fact that both are now commissioning their own programmes and films is also quite a key thing IMO if I just wanted to watch Hollywood blockbusters I would have a NowTV sub, but I don’t especially…

So yeah, get both.

superstu
    Free Member

Had both…wasn’t impressed with Amazon, Netflix is pretty good. Both appear to be stepping up their game though.

Krixmeister, not being petty or pedantic but I’m pretty sure you still need a tv licence if using iplayer.

MSP

You only need a tv licence if you watch live tv, ie at the time of broadcast on terrestrial networks.

superstu
    Free Member

I stand corrected!

bigblackshed

iPlayer does broadcast live, so you do need to be honest when you click the pop up box asking whether you have a TV license.

Of course you’re going to be honest and not watch live TV. 🙄

krixmeister

In all honesty – there’s nothing live that I need to watch that I or the family can’t watch shortly after on catch-up. Except F1 and TdF – which as mentioned, necessitates a trip to the pub. A sacrifice I’m willing to make!

Really – we haven’t watched live TV in years. Do people still actually sit down and think – “oh yeah, I need to turn on the TV at 7:30PM to make sure I catch _insert program here_”?

Poopscoop

Can’t justify having both, but I’ve used both in past.

Use Prime next day delivery a lot, so Prime it is.

That and Usenet covers everything.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve had Prime for a month twice this year (me and the wife) and get Netflix from time to time. Netflix is vastly superior imo.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Netflix Vs Amazon prime?’ is closed to new replies.